Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 01-15-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
The Noble Steed
Dojo: USA Martial Arts - Hoover, Alabama
United_States
New to AikiWeb forum

Greetings everyone! I am new on this forum and look forward to doing a lot of reading here before I start asking questions that have probably been answered dozens of times already.

I live in Birmingham, Alabama and am a student of Yoshinkan Aikido at a local dojo here. Actually I am a returning student to Aikido having studied a number of years ago and very recently decided it was time to pick up where I left off and hopefully approach it with a better sense of understanding and patience this time around. I have days when I leave the dojo so full of excitement and joy at having what I thought was a "great" class and then other days when I feel I will never ever be smooth and dance like in my execution of this beautiful art. My one consolation is that I try to force myself to remember that even the highest ranked started out making mistakes and feeling frustrated. I am doing much more reading and studying of the art this time than I did the last time I studied. Just the other day I told a friend that Aikido is such a wonderful thing to READ about! The mat brings you back to reality.

I hope to make new friends here. Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you have any words of wisdom for a beginner (rank is yellow belt) I humbly welcome the input.

Best regards,
Rei
Old 01-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #2
Marie Noelle Fequiere

Dojo: Atibon Aikido, Port Au Prince, Haiti
Haiti
Re: New to AikiWeb forum

Welcome to Aikido, and to the Aikweb community. I can tell from reading your post that you are on the right way, so hang in there and don't forget that if you need any kind of advice, we will be there for you.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
dps

Quote:
Reinaldo Ramos Jr wrote: View Post
,,,, I have days when I leave the dojo so full of excitement and joy at having what I thought was a "great" class and then other days when I feel I will never ever be smooth and dance like in my execution of this beautiful art. My one consolation is that I try to force myself to remember that even the highest ranked started out making mistakes and feeling frustrated...
Rei
The frustration never ends no matter how long you practice.

dps
Old 01-16-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
Susan Dalton
Dojo: Greensboro Kodokan

Yeah, what David said. Welcome!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:40 PM   #5
akiy

Hi Reinaldo,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 01-17-2015, 09:10 AM   #6
fatebass21

Dojo: Westminster Tenshinkai Aikido Dojo
United_States

Welcome!

Chris Sawyer
Fountain Valley, CA
Tenshinkai Aikido Federation
Training day is every day

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!