Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on



Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #26
robin_jet_alt
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 537
Australia
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
Huh, my dictionary shows it as incorporated foundation, essentially, just a business. Now, I dont read kanji well, and my translation software just makes jibberish of the site you linked, so I will just bow to your greater knowledge.
I got the same from my dictionary so I went to the Japanese wikipedia entry which said that profits are used for running the foundation. Then skip to the corresponding English wikipedia entry which says it is a non-profit foundation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_(non-profit)
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%B2%...B3%95%E4%BA%BA
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #27
Krystal Locke
Location: Phoenix, Oregon
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 388
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Hugh Beyer wrote: View Post
Are you sure? Howabout the single complement Kisshomaru ever got from his father (by lore)--on the founding of the Tokyo dojo? I think he wanted the organization to spread aikido, he just didn't want to have to run it.

In general, I do like having a parent organization. I like it that Hombu has decided to be an umbrella organization so I can walk into most dojos and even if they've never heard of my teacher or the ASU, they accept me because I'm affiliated with Hombu. I'd like to believe there's some quality control, so the more squirrely groups are easier to identify. It's hard to put a price tag on that.
Yeah, the quality control is one of the benefits I appreciate. I dont travel much now, but when I did, the little book did save me a few minor headaches.

So, I am approaching nidan, do I send my book back in for a stamp (not like a hanko more like a postage stamp), do they just send the stamp to me, or do I get a new book? I dunno. I spose sensei will just tell me, but forewarned is forearmed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #28
Chris Li
 
Chris Li's Avatar
Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,084
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Hugh Beyer wrote: View Post
Are you sure? Howabout the single complement Kisshomaru ever got from his father (by lore)--on the founding of the Tokyo dojo? I think he wanted the organization to spread aikido, he just didn't want to have to run it.

In general, I do like having a parent organization. I like it that Hombu has decided to be an umbrella organization so I can walk into most dojos and even if they've never heard of my teacher or the ASU, they accept me because I'm affiliated with Hombu. I'd like to believe there's some quality control, so the more squirrely groups are easier to identify. It's hard to put a price tag on that.
I think that he liked the shiny new building.

He may or may not have appreciated the benefits of what Kisshomaru was doing (that story certainly suggests it), but that doesn't mean that he had any interest in the organization itself.

His massive lack of interest in organizations at any level has been mentioned by many of the uchi-deshi.

That's why I'm saying that calling it "the Founder's organization" is probably less accurate than calling it "Kisshomaru's organization".

Best,

Chris

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:59 AM   #29
Peter Goldsbury
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member
 
Peter Goldsbury's Avatar
Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Location: Hiroshima, Japan
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,004
Japan
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
Huh, my dictionary shows it as incorporated foundation, essentially, just a business. Now, I dont read kanji well, and my translation software just makes jibberish of the site you linked, so I will just bow to your greater knowledge.
The change of Japanese law meant that the foundation that runs the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum had to undergo the same process as the Aikikai. It has the same legal status as a 'public interest foundation', but I would not quite agree that the Hiroshima Peace Culture Foundation is 'just a business.' There are no shareholders and the object is to break even and not to run at a loss. I suspect that its finances are subject to greater public scrutiny than those of the Aikikai.

Best wishes,

P A Goldsbury
_______________________
Hiroshima, Japan
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #30
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,157
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
The change of Japanese law meant that the foundation that runs the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum had to undergo the same process as the Aikikai. It has the same legal status as a 'public interest foundation', but I would not quite agree that the Hiroshima Peace Culture Foundation is 'just a business.' There are no shareholders and the object is to break even and not to run at a loss. I suspect that its finances are subject to greater public scrutiny than those of the Aikikai.

Best wishes,
Dear Peter,
Congrats on the recent promotion.It would be interesting to see a copy of Aikikai accounts. Perhaps having a possible cultural status / charitable type setup [plus a good tax consultancy]might mean no taxes are paid?Almost like some of the millionaires in U.S.A/U.K.Here in the U.K the poor tighten their belts[benefits cut left and right ] and the Top Men get tax reductions giving them £100, 000 plus extra dosh.Its a cruel world dont you think?? Joe.

[
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #31
Peter Goldsbury
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member
 
Peter Goldsbury's Avatar
Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Location: Hiroshima, Japan
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,004
Japan
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Dear Peter,
Congrats on the recent promotion.It would be interesting to see a copy of Aikikai accounts. Perhaps having a possible cultural status / charitable type setup [plus a good tax consultancy]might mean no taxes are paid?Almost like some of the millionaires in U.S.A/U.K.Here in the U.K the poor tighten their belts[benefits cut left and right ] and the Top Men get tax reductions giving them £100, 000 plus extra dosh.Its a cruel world dont you think?? Joe.

[
Thank you. I believe that you have been elevated to Shihan status. Right? In Japan there are several types of legal foundation, other than the Aikikai's koeki zaidan hojin and these, too, have a favourable tax situation. As Christopher Li stated, the Aikikai publishes minimal accounts on the Japanese language section of the website, but these do not give much information, especially to the untrained eye.

Best wishes,

PAG

P A Goldsbury
_______________________
Hiroshima, Japan
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #32
Krystal Locke
Location: Phoenix, Oregon
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 388
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
The change of Japanese law meant that the foundation that runs the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum had to undergo the same process as the Aikikai. It has the same legal status as a 'public interest foundation', but I would not quite agree that the Hiroshima Peace Culture Foundation is 'just a business.' There are no shareholders and the object is to break even and not to run at a loss. I suspect that its finances are subject to greater public scrutiny than those of the Aikikai.

Best wishes,
I certainly didn't mean "just a business" as anything but a comment on the financial/legal structure. I dont know Japanese financial structures, I dont read Japanese very well,, the English Aikikai site does not sat either way, and I pay into the Aikikai, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the info.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #33
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,157
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
Thank you. I believe that you have been elevated to Shihan status. Right? In Japan there are several types of legal foundation, other than the Aikikai's koeki zaidan hojin and these, too, have a favourable tax situation. As Christopher Li stated, the Aikikai publishes minimal accounts on the Japanese language section of the website, but these do not give much information, especially to the untrained eye.

Best wishes,

PAG
Dear Peter
i see that you are aware of my new status.On my part a most unexpected promotion.
Regarding tax structures in general, not just the Aikikai,I am sure that private individuals /companies [like Starbucks in the U.K]use various legally sound,but possible morally suspect methods of tax avoidance.Charitable status/relgious institutions all have tax advantages which are not available to the average worker .Philip Green, the multi millionaire of British Home Stores,recently negotiated with the inland revenue to come to an arrangement regarding his tax setlement.I cannot imagine the tax guys taking time out to negotiate my tax situation.I guess its not always a fair system.
Cheers, joe
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:24 AM   #34
Alex Megann
Dojo: Southampton Aikikai
Location: Southampton
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 349
England
Online
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Dear Peter
i see that you are aware of my new status.On my part a most unexpected promotion.

Cheers, joe
Congratulations, Joe!

Alex
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #35
rulemaker
Dojo: Aikido Philippines
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 128
Philippines
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

How much are the fees?

I know that 5th Dan is Y70,000
6th -
7th -
8th -
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #36
PhilMyKi
Dojo: Seibukan, Milton Keynes
Location: At Work unless I am at the DOJO!
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 107
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Rommel Miel wrote: View Post
How much are the fees?

I know that 5th Dan is Y70,000
6th -
7th -
8th -
Looking at something that was floating around last year (with the exclusion of 1st Dan as you pay registration at the same time) the fees fit quite nicely into Dan level x £100 i.e. Nidan £200, Sandan £300 ... Y70.000 is £500 give or take. Coincidence? Probably!

But hey, the upper echelons are a long way off for me. So no need for me to worry about the finances for a while. Still, I was talking to a colleague the other day that is coming up to her Shodan in some form of Karate and her grading fees (made up of various bits and bobs) come to about £500. She was quite shocked when I shared mine was <£200.

If you personally see a value to having something you pay the sticker price don't you? If not, you walk away.

Vorsprung durch Aikido!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #37
Dazzler
Dojo: Templegate Dojo, bristol & Bristol North Aikido Dojo
Location: Bristol
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 638
England
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Dear Peter
i see that you are aware of my new status.On my part a most unexpected promotion.
Regarding tax structures in general, not just the Aikikai,I am sure that private individuals /companies [like Starbucks in the U.K]use various legally sound,but possible morally suspect methods of tax avoidance.Charitable status/relgious institutions all have tax advantages which are not available to the average worker .Philip Green, the multi millionaire of British Home Stores,recently negotiated with the inland revenue to come to an arrangement regarding his tax setlement.I cannot imagine the tax guys taking time out to negotiate my tax situation.I guess its not always a fair system.
Cheers, joe
Congratulations !

D
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #38
Mary Eastland
 
Mary Eastland's Avatar
Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,209
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Congratulations, Joe!

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #39
Carl Thompson
 
Carl Thompson's Avatar
Location: Kasama
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 453
Japan
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
You seem to make it sound like I am being small and selfish.
Hello Krystal. Sorry for my late response.

I made a general comment, which I did not intend to aim specifically at you. I apologise if it made you feel bad. It was meant to make people think, that is all. Itfs very easy for people in general to just vent frustration but I think it is more productive to run things through to their logical conclusions...
Quote:
Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
How much of a donation? And is it a donation if the amount is prescribed and the money is in exchange for something? What is keeping the organization for giving someone a rank at a different cost?
Yudansha passports show gcontributionh stamps for each rank attained. You could call it gpaymenth but it is a payment involving more than just the money part. Or at least I think it was much more than money for the few people I know on that list. It really all boils down to whether you think the Aikikai are committing fraud or not. Have a look at what theyfre doing. How could they run the organisation better?

Carl
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #40
Carl Thompson
 
Carl Thompson's Avatar
Location: Kasama
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 453
Japan
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

I would also like to congratulate Joe Curran on his Shihan status!

Carl
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #41
Chris Li
 
Chris Li's Avatar
Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,084
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Philip Purcell wrote: View Post

If you personally see a value to having something you pay the sticker price don't you? If not, you walk away.
That's the whole point, isn't it? I think that there is an increasing tendency to feel that there is little value relative to the sticker price. The Aikikai will recognize this at some point, or perhaps people will vote with their feet.

Best,

Chris

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #42
Basia Halliop
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 711
Canada
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Carl Thompson wrote: View Post
It really all boils down to whether you think the Aikikai are committing fraud or not.
I don't really think that's it. I don't feel strongly in either direction, but the sense I get reading this thread is at most that some people just don't feel much of a tie to the organisation or feel like it's an expensive service they're not sure they really want or need all that much.

I.e., 'do I really need or want this or personally feel that this organisation is important enough to pay a significant amount of money for it?'

Which is quite quite far from suggesting fraud.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #43
Chris Li
 
Chris Li's Avatar
Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,084
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Carl Thompson wrote: View Post
It really all boils down to whether you think the Aikikai are committing fraud or not. Have a look at what they're doing. How could they run the organisation better?

Carl
I have a long list.

Anyway, it's not about fraud, but about value and relationships. In the past much of the value was in the relationship.

Shihan X trained at Aikikai Hombu and feels a personal obligation to support them. He pays up.

Bob, who trains with Shihan X, has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, but pays up because his teacher pays up.

Bill, who trains with Bob, has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, his teacher Bob has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, but pays up because his Shihan X pays up.

Bruce, who trains with Bill, has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, his teacher Bill has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, , Bill's teacher Bob has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, but Bruce pays up because...why?

This is the point that we're getting to now in the history of Aikido. Most people have never been to Hombu and have no personal relationships there. They send in money and get (by mail) a piece of paper from someone who has never met them and doesn't know who they are.

If you put all of the sixth dans in the world in a room, my bet would be that Doshu would only recognize a small fraction, let alone know their names.

When Bruce walks out because he has no personal relationship with the Aikikai and receives little value, it hurts him...very little. Most new students have no idea what the Aikikai and care less.

But it's a problem for the Aikikai, and one that's going to be harder to fix the longer things go on....

Best,

Chris

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #44
Carl Thompson
 
Carl Thompson's Avatar
Location: Kasama
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 453
Japan
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Hi Chris

Thanks for the long answer.

The problem you're talking about is easy to solve: Don't join. Joining an organisation just because someone else did, or out of obligation are indeed poor reasons. I was referring specifically to the cost issue. When sensei registers you at shodan (and you are happy to be a member of the founder's organisation), where does the money go? For example, is it going towards sports cars and lavish lifestyles for certain people or is it paying for aikido to be promulgated?

Carl
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #45
Chris Li
 
Chris Li's Avatar
Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,084
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Carl Thompson wrote: View Post
Hi Chris

Thanks for the long answer.

The problem you're talking about is easy to solve: Don't join. Joining an organisation just because someone else did, or out of obligation are indeed poor reasons. I was referring specifically to the cost issue. When sensei registers you at shodan (and you are happy to be a member of the founder's organisation), where does the money go? For example, is it going towards sports cars and lavish lifestyles for certain people or is it paying for aikido to be promulgated?

Carl
Nobody knows, there's not much transparancy, and a lot of things move in cash, kind of a recipe for problems to occur (I'm not saying that there are problems).

Anyway, I don't have a particular problem with belonging to the Aikikai right now, but of course that could always change.

More to the point,"don't join" is likely to be an increasingly troublesome problem for the Aikikai as time goes on, and that ought to concern everybody who is a member of the Aikikai.

Best,

Chris

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #46
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,157
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
I guess that we'll have to agree to agree then....

Anyway, I believe that it is non-profit.

Best,

Chris
Hi Chris,
Some people believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and my own personal belief that the moon is made of green cheese.Cheers, Joe.
Ps Please do not spoil my childlike state by saying that the moon is anything other than above.PPS.I also believe the cow jumped over the said moon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #47
Chris Li
 
Chris Li's Avatar
Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,084
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Hi Chris,
Some people believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and my own personal belief that the moon is made of green cheese.Cheers, Joe.
Ps Please do not spoil my childlike state by saying that the moon is anything other than above.PPS.I also believe the cow jumped over the said moon.
Well, the corporate structure is non-profit - no guarantees of anything more than that, however!

I wonder if the rabbit in the moon likes cheese?

Best,

Chris

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #48
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,157
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
I have a long list.

Anyway, it's not about fraud, but about value and relationships. In the past much of the value was in the relationship.

Shihan X trained at Aikikai Hombu and feels a personal obligation to support them. He pays up.

Bob, who trains with Shihan X, has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, but pays up because his teacher pays up.

Bill, who trains with Bob, has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, his teacher Bob has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, but pays up because his Shihan X pays up.

Bruce, who trains with Bill, has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, his teacher Bill has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, , Bill's teacher Bob has no particular personal relationship with Aikikai Hombu, but Bruce pays up because...why?

This is the point that we're getting to now in the history of Aikido. Most people have never been to Hombu and have no personal relationships there. They send in money and get (by mail) a piece of paper from someone who has never met them and doesn't know who they are.

If you put all of the sixth dans in the world in a room, my bet would be that Doshu would only recognize a small fraction, let alone know their names.

When Bruce walks out because he has no personal relationship with the Aikikai and receives little value, it hurts him...very little. Most new students have no idea what the Aikikai and care less.

But it's a problem for the Aikikai, and one that's going to be harder to fix the longer things go on....

Best,

Chris
Dear Chris,
Your article is imo almost spot on.The transmission of Aikido in my mind is one where there is a direct bond with Teacher and student.Its nigh impossible for most to have a real strong relationship with a person,a society or organisation or even a country when both parties rarely if ever get much of a chance to get to know one and other .Maybe its the same between the U.S. President /our Prime Minister and the people.We se these guys on T.V/Newspapers but can we really say we know them?
I suppose you can make a case for the Aikikai Foundation/Hombu inasmuch it is the mother dojo.It is a focal point .Nevertheless for the average guy in the street I do not think the Aikikai is foremost in his /her thoughts.Time will tell whether the Aikido community /Hombu adapts to the current situation,eg the multiplicity of new groups forming etc.
Cheers, Joe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #49
Dennis Hooker
Dojo: Shindai Dojo, Orlando Fl.
Location: Orlando Florida
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 456
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

I agree!

Quote:
Hugh Beyer wrote: View Post
Are you sure? Howabout the single complement Kisshomaru ever got from his father (by lore)--on the founding of the Tokyo dojo? I think he wanted the organization to spread aikido, he just didn't want to have to run it.

In general, I do like having a parent organization. I like it that Hombu has decided to be an umbrella organization so I can walk into most dojos and even if they've never heard of my teacher or the ASU, they accept me because I'm affiliated with Hombu. I'd like to believe there's some quality control, so the more squirrely groups are easier to identify. It's hard to put a price tag on that.

Dennis Hooker: (DVD) Zanshin and Ma-ai in Aikido
https://www.createspace.com/238049

www.shindai.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #50
Dennis Hooker
Dojo: Shindai Dojo, Orlando Fl.
Location: Orlando Florida
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 456
Offline
Re: Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions

Chris, I think you are right on with this.

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
I think that he liked the shiny new building.

He may or may not have appreciated the benefits of what Kisshomaru was doing (that story certainly suggests it), but that doesn't mean that he had any interest in the organization itself.

His massive lack of interest in organizations at any level has been mentioned by many of the uchi-deshi.

That's why I'm saying that calling it "the Founder's organization" is probably less accurate than calling it "Kisshomaru's organization".

Best,

Chris

Dennis Hooker: (DVD) Zanshin and Ma-ai in Aikido
https://www.createspace.com/238049

www.shindai.com
  Reply With Quote

Please visit our sponsor:

Handmade Aikido Gifts - Handmade functional ceramic art with aikido themes



Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aikikai Hombu Dojo: 2012 Kagami Biraki Promotions List rulemaker AikiWeb System 33 01-24-2012 08:17 PM
Kagami Biraki Promotions 2011 rulemaker General 21 12-03-2011 07:44 PM
Kagami Biraki Promotions rulemaker General 26 02-26-2010 01:08 AM
Aikikai Hombu Publishes Kagami Biraki Promotions rulemaker General 1 02-05-2010 03:35 PM
Aikikai Kagami Biraki Promotions? ramenboy General 9 02-20-2009 09:17 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:23 AM.



vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
----------
Copyright 1997-2014 AikiWeb and its Authors, All Rights Reserved.
----------
For questions and comments about this website:
Send E-mail
plainlaid-picaresque outchasing-protistan explicantia-altarage seaford-stellionate