Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #26
Janet Rosen
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Re: Flip Me Silly

Yep.
Also not sure how hundreds of gratuitious landings is going to help me achieve my goals of learning efficient body structure for achieving connection and kuzushi.

Quote:
Matt Morris wrote: View Post
But big picture, I really think the 100's of throw "game" at the end of training is an old, old fashioned way of training. I've seen lots of injuries when this goes on, including too myself, people get tired and you keep pushing them that bit more.....then....oh dear, he didn't fall that well did he?

Primitive. Yes do some throws, yes get them tired, but judge it so that the person is just tired enough to get a work out, but still fully in control of their fall, then stop, and give them a good rest.

A lot of bad injuries in sport come about when people are tired, there is a reason why people drown when they are in the water a long time, they get tired and they can't swim any more. Same basic idea.

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield
Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #27
kewms

Quote:
Janet Rosen wrote: View Post
Yep.
Also not sure how hundreds of gratuitious landings is going to help me achieve my goals of learning efficient body structure for achieving connection and kuzushi.
I've done that kind of training, though probably not to the extreme described up above. It does teach important lessons. What does "moving from center" actually mean? How does it feel to throw without added effort? I don't think it's necessarily the best or only way to teach those lessons, but I wouldn't call it gratuitous.

Katherine
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #28
aikidoka81

Singapore

Quote:
Robin Boyd wrote: View Post
Don't eat just before training. It's a rule I have followed since I started. Otherwise, just pace yourself. You might not be able to keep up at first, but that's alright. You will get there.
It's ok to eat just before training but just a light meal I ate quite heavily just before training before and regretted it. Firstly, there is a possibility of vomitting. Secondly, eating heavily drains more energy because your body is using more energy to digest your food leaving you exhausted.
I have personally experienced all this before.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #29
amoeba
Dojo: Aikido Netzwerk
Germany

I've tried "How may falls can I take in one minute", but that was for fun and we don't make our beginners do it...

Please visit our sponsor:

Round Earth Pubs - Book: "Aikido Exercises for Teaching and Training"