Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Dan Harden Seminar- Bedford Hills, New York: 12/9- 12/11/2011

Dan Harden will be returning to Aikido Arts of Shin-Budo Kai for his continuing seminar series.

PLEASE NOTE:
1) Friday Night (12/9) 6-9pm. will be for returning attendees.
2) We are seriously considering making this the last OPEN seminar. We are pondering the idea of having almost all of his seminars for 2012 be ONLY for previous attendees so that we can develop some consistency in progression amongst the regular attendees. THIS MEANS ACT NOW if you have not trained with Dan Harden before, so that you can become an integral part in this continuing training experience.

The seminar will be $175 for the weekend.

Friday: 6pm. - 9pm.
Saturday: 9am.- 5 pm.
Sunday: 9am. - 5pm.

Please register directly with Dan Harden and dojoseminars@gmail.com

If you do not feel that he has responded to you within a reasonable period of time, e-mail me directly at sensei@aasbk.com

Marc Abrams

Last edited by Marc Abrams : 10-12-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: forgot things!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
Marc Abrams
United_States
Re: Dan Harden Seminar- Bedford Hills, New York: 12/9- 12/11/2011

I would like to thank everyone who attended this seminar! We had attendees from Illinois to Holland!

After much deliberation, we have come to the difficult decision to no longer hold open seminars with Dan Harden so that the people who are making a concerted effort to work on this material can have an opportunity to have more focused, training opportunities.

If you think that you would like to be introduced to the work that Dan Harden presents at a New York seminar, kindly send me an e-mail at sensei@aasbk.com . If you have already attended a seminar, you will be contacted within one month about training sessions in 2012. Thanks Again!

Marc Abrams
Old 12-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
DH
United_States

I had a great time as always...although y face still hurts from laughing so hard. Good Grief, every time with you and Don I think I have never laughed that hard...then, there ya go again!! and Alec didn't help matters! Fecking English are stick in the muds? Hah!

I just wanted to say that closing the doors on some of my seminars is a good thing, not a slight. It was and is all part of my initial overall strategy;
  • Teach teachers so there would eventually be a base for others to go to.
  • Talk them into training other people teaching this stuff as well for greater exposure then just me.
  • Work with them for a few years to get their skills and ability to teach it up.
  • They start to teach others

Next phase
Maybe....(depending on my other job and continued interest) I go to students or other teachers and start over in new places
Next phase?
I come back as an anonymous attendee and try to kick their asses!!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
renshin

Dojo: Renshin Aikido Dojo, Horten, Norway
Norway

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
I come back as an anonymous attendee and try to kick their asses!!
That would be fun

"Who's that guy? I've never seen him before. And he doesn't even wear a gi... "

Yours friendly,

K. Sandven

Blog: My Life In Budo

Aikido Tenshinshoden Katori Shinto Ryu Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu Roppokai
Old 12-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
Marc Abrams
United_States

I sincerely hope that people did not take this change as a slight to anybody. Anybody that has visited my school knows how open and cordial we are. The information that Dan is graciously sharing with us is VERY, VERY deep and takes mental acts of congress to learn how to make major changes in how we allow and control our bodies to operate. The amount of time and effort put in for the solo work that is necessary is more than most people can imagine. The purpose of the closed format is to allow people to be near one another at stages in this development so that there is a laser focus on this development so as to create the optimal learning conditions. The goal is to be able to have people develop the skills so that they can be freely shared with others. We would all like to suck a little less than we do now so that we can actually offer students value to the learning of this vital material.

The reason I asked people to e-mail me privately is to create a list so that we can start another group of people working together to learn this stuff. We are not trying to close doors to people, we are trying to create the conditions that can allow the availability of this information to grow in a responsible manner.

Marc Abrams
Old 12-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
Thomas Campbell

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
mental acts of congress
Sir,

Having participated in the physical process of sausage-making that writhes behind the legislative act, I am loathe to see the mental analogy openly referred to on this family-friendly forum. Shocked I am, nay, appalled.

Still, there may be something to this analogy of aiki training with the legislative process: you've got yer in, you've got yer yo, and the conflicting/competing interests must be harmonized without appearing to give ground . . . .
Old 12-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #7
Patrick Hutchinson

Mental acts of congress.
Isn't that the same as "coveting your neighbour's wife"?
Old 12-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
Janet Rosen
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Quote:
Patrick Hutchinson wrote: View Post
Mental acts of congress.
Isn't that the same as "coveting your neighbour's wife"?

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
Alec Corper

Dojo: Itten Suginami Dojo, Nunspeet
Netherlands

Hey Marc,
Will I be allowed to come again if I promise to behave myself? I missed all this going on since I don"t read here much anymore, it's too complicated ;-)
The fecking Englishman

If your temper rises withdraw your hand, if your hand rises withdraw your temper.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
Marc Abrams
United_States

Quote:
Alec Corper wrote: View Post
Hey Marc,
Will I be allowed to come again if I promise to behave myself? I missed all this going on since I don"t read here much anymore, it's too complicated ;-)
The fecking Englishman
Alec:

You are always allowed here as long as you misbehave as much as I do...... Dan will be here around 3-4 times next year. I will let you know as soon as I finalize the dates with him this week. Soak up some of that Spanish sun for me, it's getting cold in NY.....

Marc Abrams
Old 01-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Keith Larman
United_States

Might I point out that it is a loverly 70 degrees (that's 21 centigrade to all you elitist temperature snobs) here in Sunny Southern California. Saw a young lady at the grocery store this afternoon in a tank top and shorts wandering about in flip flops. Ah, Southern California... Come visit!

Please visit our sponsor:

Aikido DVDs and Video Downloads - by George Ledyard Sensei & other great teachers from AikidoDVDS.Com