Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on



Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Humor

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #151
Robyn Johnson
 
Robyn Johnson's Avatar
Location: The South, USA
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 61
United_States
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

This happened years ago. I washed my gi with other clothes, grabbed it out of the dryer, and rushed to class. Half way through class, I got up from taking a roll and saw a pair of MY underwear in the middle of the mat!!! It must have been stuck inside of my sleeve and it flew out when I rolled! I snatched it up and hid it in my bag. Luckily, I was partnered up with another woman and we had a good laugh over it. I don't think sensei or any of the other guys saw what happened and we didn't tell them why we were laughing.

Robyn
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:29 AM   #152
Mario Tobias
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 252
Philippines
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

We were having our regular staff meeting at work. It was quite a long and boring meeting that I couldn't help but sometimes snooze.

It was time when the boss started delegating tasks to each one of us across the room. When it was my name that was called, being sleepy then and just hearing my name, I let out a big "HAI!" to the boss.

The whole world (or conference room for that matter) stopped which seemed for ages and you could sense that all heads were turned toward my way.

They had this funny, perplexed look at me wondering what the heck I was doing.

Never slept at meetings again.....

Last edited by Mario Tobias : 05-23-2011 at 04:33 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #153
ninjaqutie
 
ninjaqutie's Avatar
Dojo: Searching for a new home
Location: Delaware (<3 still in Oregon!)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,003
United_States
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

Quote:
Robyn Johnson wrote: View Post
This happened years ago. I washed my gi with other clothes, grabbed it out of the dryer, and rushed to class. Half way through class, I got up from taking a roll and saw a pair of MY underwear in the middle of the mat!!! It must have been stuck inside of my sleeve and it flew out when I rolled! I snatched it up and hid it in my bag. Luckily, I was partnered up with another woman and we had a good laugh over it. I don't think sensei or any of the other guys saw what happened and we didn't tell them why we were laughing.

Robyn
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the laugh!!!!!!!

~Look into the eyes of your opponent & steal his spirit.
~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #154
Robyn Johnson
 
Robyn Johnson's Avatar
Location: The South, USA
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 61
United_States
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

Quote:
Ashley Carter wrote: View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the laugh!!!!!!!
Glad you enjoyed it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #155
ninjaqutie
 
ninjaqutie's Avatar
Dojo: Searching for a new home
Location: Delaware (<3 still in Oregon!)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,003
United_States
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

In my old dojo, we were having a demo and someone was short on time and took their gi out of the wash early and put it in the dryer so it would be done in time. Later, during the outdoors demo, it began to rain. His black gi turned into a white bubble gi as it began to suds up all over the mat. DISASTER! HAHA. The mats got all slippery from the soap, he was embarrassed and everyone else just tried to make the best of the situation.

Who knew you had to give a disclaimer to students before a demo to make sure your gi finishes the rinse cycle before putting it in the dryer.

~Look into the eyes of your opponent & steal his spirit.
~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #156
Robyn Johnson
 
Robyn Johnson's Avatar
Location: The South, USA
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 61
United_States
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

Quote:
Ashley Carter wrote: View Post
In my old dojo, we were having a demo and someone was short on time and took their gi out of the wash early and put it in the dryer so it would be done in time. Later, during the outdoors demo, it began to rain. His black gi turned into a white bubble gi as it began to suds up all over the mat. DISASTER! HAHA. The mats got all slippery from the soap, he was embarrassed and everyone else just tried to make the best of the situation.

Who knew you had to give a disclaimer to students before a demo to make sure your gi finishes the rinse cycle before putting it in the dryer.
Lol! This is hilarious! I would have loved to had seen all the suds!

Thanks for sharing,
Robyn
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #157
Belt_Up
Dojo: Dynamic Aikido Nocquet
Location: Hartlepool
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 106
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

Performing a few techniques in a mock grading in front of the entire class. All was going well, until I was getting up from a pin, and backing away from my training partner, my heel slipped into a gap between two mats and I did that wonderfully embarrassing stagger/fall backwards you do when you're going over, stepping as fast as possible while unbalanced, speeding your fall.

Managed to turn it into ushiro ukemi, which won me some points with the instructor, but certainly didn't make my face any less red.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #158
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,140
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

Quote:
Robyn Johnson wrote: View Post
This happened years ago. I washed my gi with other clothes, grabbed it out of the dryer, and rushed to class. Half way through class, I got up from taking a roll and saw a pair of MY underwear in the middle of the mat!!! It must have been stuck inside of my sleeve and it flew out when I rolled! I snatched it up and hid it in my bag. Luckily, I was partnered up with another woman and we had a good laugh over it. I don't think sensei or any of the other guys saw what happened and we didn't tell them why we were laughing.

Robyn
Dear Robyn,
I guess you could say you made a bloomer!!!Just as well it wasnt a pair of boxer shorts or worse a gents trendy thong.
I must say I would had I been there I would have creased myself laughing if I noticed the incident.
All jolly fun eh? Cheers, Joe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #159
Belt_Up
Dojo: Dynamic Aikido Nocquet
Location: Hartlepool
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 106
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

A fairly intense class began with the instructor telling us to make sure our attacks were fast, hard and realistic.

Jodan tsuki irimi nage, and I throw the first punch of the night, not full speed or full power because I knew fine well I would be unlucky and catch someone when they weren't watching, but a fast and powerful punch.

My partner blocked it and stepped in, but didn't block hard enough, and my fist and his blocking arm smacked him in the face.

The look of PURE UTTER GUILT on my face was enough to set everyone laughing. I couldn't apologise enough, but everyone but me saw the funny side.

End of class, the guilt was beginning to fade, and the instructor asked if everyone was okay. Cue a muttered "Everything but my face."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:44 AM   #160
SC Wong
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8
Brunei
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

I was into my second month of training and on that fateful evening my sensei decided to call for a mock grading. We had a pretty intense session and I didn't have the time to adjust my dogi before the mock grading.

The last technique called was shomenuchi dai ikkyo. My sensei had always reminded me to pay attention to my finishing and all I could remember then was "finish with the gorilla pose! buttocks out!". I did exactly that.

When the class ended my senpai walked up to me and said, " you did pretty well for the mock test..and by the way...your buttocks looked really nice with those pink polka dots!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #161
jamie yugawa
 
jamie yugawa's Avatar
Location: Hilo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 182
United_States
Offline
Re: Aiki Doh's

I got some ones!! When I was doing suwari waza with a female member of our dojo, I proceeded to do shikko during a technique and ripped my crotch at the seams!!! The whole dojo was cracking up!! Thank goodness I wasnt going commando!!!

A friend of mine told me at his old club the chief instructor of his organization from Japan was visiting his club. He was performing kiatsu on a certain prankster member. When Kiatsu was performed on his back the member proceeded to fart loudly in the instructors face!!! The chief instructor of his enitre organization!!!! LOL

One little candle can light 10,000 candles- Koichi Tohei Sensei
  Reply With Quote

Please visit our sponsor:

Budo Bear Patterns - Sewing pattern for Women's (and Men's) dogi.



Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shioda, Tohei, and Ki Things Mike Sigman General 118 03-13-2010 06:18 AM
Thoughts on Aiki Expo '05 by SeiserL SeiserL Seminars 10 12-15-2006 04:38 PM
Aiki Expo 05 Los Angeles SeiserL Seminars 15 05-31-2005 02:29 AM
Hello you Aiki Ju Jutsuka! Kirby J Watson Introductions 2 09-26-2004 02:02 AM
Aikido and Aiki jujutsu Paul General 10 10-10-2000 06:06 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:38 PM.



vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
----------
Copyright 1997-2014 AikiWeb and its Authors, All Rights Reserved.
----------
For questions and comments about this website:
Send E-mail
plainlaid-picaresque outchasing-protistan explicantia-altarage seaford-stellionate