Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #101
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Thank you Tony Wagstaffe

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
For the record I've been assuming he's reading these threads...so I assume I'm talking in front of his back...er...something like that.
I assume he is as well (unless Jun bans the IP address and not just the user name) and I am sure he is having a good laugh over all the fuss - I am just having some fun as well

Greg
Old 03-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #102
Hellis
Dojo: Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido
England

I am in no doubt that most on here take Tony far more seriously than he does them..

Henry Ellis
http://henryellis-aikido.blogspot.com/
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 AM   #103
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Henry Ellis wrote: View Post
I am in no doubt that most on here take Tony far more seriously than he does them..

Henry Ellis
We also give him more respect than he gives others or pretty much anything else, including aikido.

I remember somewhere I said that my fate was in God's hands. Tony replied that his fate is in his own hands.

Well, I say, if he can't even control his own destiny on a website--if Jun Akiyama can silence him at will--he ought to consider that God, too, can silence him at will and someday shall. A little more respect and consideration is merited all around.

Best to you.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com
Old 03-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #104
sorokod
United Kingdom

Too funny! A forum moderator as a deity!
So being kicked out of the forum, is it like death or more like the expulsion from eden?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #105
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States

Quote:
David Soroko wrote: View Post
Too funny! A forum moderator as a deity!
So being kicked out of the forum, is it like death or more like the expulsion from eden?
With the difference being that you can come back from Jun's suspensions if your offense wasn't too bad.

But my point, of course, is that if you can't even control your presence on an internet message board....your "destiny" in life is certainly beyond your control.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com
Old 03-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #106
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Greg Steckel wrote: View Post
I assume he is as well (unless Jun bans the IP address and not just the user name) and I am sure he is having a good laugh over all the fuss - I am just having some fun as well

Greg
I hear ya. I guess some of the posts have made me a little self-conscious. I don't feel like I got much feedback on what I had to say so I'm unsure of how I'm coming across...and with all the talk about passive-aggressive behavior, I just want to be clear and as straight forward as I know how.

Quote:
David wrote:
if you can't even control your presence on an internet message board....your "destiny" in life is certainly beyond your control.
I'm not sure I agree. I think it's often easier to let the little things (like chatting online) slide, while maintaining a higher degree of mindfullness for the more obviously important things.
Take care, folks,
Matt

Last edited by mathewjgano : 03-28-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Gambarimashyo!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #107
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
I hear ya. I guess some of the posts have made me a little self-conscious. I don't feel like I got much feedback on what I had to say so I'm unsure of how I'm coming across...and with all the talk about passive-aggressive behavior, I just want to be clear and as straight forward as I know how.

Matt
"passive-aggressive behavior" sounds like a symptom where someone does not know if they are coming or going - or maybe like a dog chasing its own tail - either way, I think it makes me dizzy

Greg

Last edited by gregstec : 03-28-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #108
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside

Quote:
George

What I don't understand is if Tony Wagstaffe is so objectionable to so many people, why do they flock to his threads ? ..If I was offended, I would as I have already said " Ignore Tony and his threads " ...The thread " Is Your Aikido up to Reality ? " which has in the region of 14,000 impressions and 344 messages, so when I see Tony referred to as a troll, forgive the wry smile.

Daniel Loydd a ``newbie `` leaves a message of thanks to Tony, people have also flocked to this also with 2000 impressions in a few days...Not to add thanks to Tony, but to take the opportunity to have another dig at a man who is not here to defend himself....

Henry Ellis
Aikido Controversy
http://aikido-controversy.blogspot.com/
No question... I have only once gotten to the point at which I hit the ignore button on someone, and it wasn't Tony. It's the nature of our whole culture now, at least in the US, and I assume the UK is the same, that conflict sells far better than any kind of normal discussion.

Consistently. one can see that a given thread has a certain life no matter how interesting it might be. But if a few folks comment on that thread, its life will continue twice as long. But if at least one person gets into a dispute with someone else on a thread, the views will quickly go to the thousands.

I think it is quite possible to develop some notoriety on the forums by playing the "bad boy" and get fully as many folks reading you as the folks considered to be the most positive contributors. It's an interesting thing to watch.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 03-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #109
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside

Quote:

Henry Ellis
http://henryellis-aikido.blogspot.com/
A precise statement of the issue, I would say.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!