Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #101
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: Obesity

Buck wrote:

Quote:
f you are an American who is proud of our vets and future vets, whose only real reward they get is our recognition, gratitude, and pat on the back, then you recognize what "we" meant in my post.
You would have understood what "we" meant and it would have not angered you the least bit. With my explanation, I hope you will reconsider your feelings, and understand the importance of what "we" means to us. Even more so in the face of the Fort Hood attack that is another tragedy we experienced
Well speaking as a service member and as a Veteran...even this is kinda patronizing and slightly offensive. "only reward we get is a pat on the back and your gratitude?"

Wow, gee thanks!

No, my reward is serving along side my fellow service members and seeing the faces of the kids and people that I have gotten to help along the way.

I do appreciate a wave, smile, or a thank you as much as the next person...but don't think for a minute that I/we that is what we live for and the only thing we get.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #102
Janet Rosen
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Criminy, talk about topic drift. To all non-Americans reading this thread, please rest assured Mr Burgess does not speak for all of us. NOW CAN WE STAY ON TOPIC?

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield
Old 11-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #103
Kevin Leavitt

United_States

Sorry Janet!

Old 11-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #104
Buck
United_States

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote: View Post
Buck wrote:

Well speaking as a service member and as a Veteran...even this is kinda patronizing and slightly offensive. "only reward we get is a pat on the back and your gratitude?"

Wow, gee thanks!

No, my reward is serving along side my fellow service members and seeing the faces of the kids and people that I have gotten to help along the way.

I do appreciate a wave, smile, or a thank you as much as the next person...but don't think for a minute that I/we that is what we live for and the only thing we get.
Your right, a salute and a show of gratitude (as I said before) isn't appreciated by you specifically- I understand. And that is my point. It should be more of a show of appreciation for our military. It's great to have that feeling from people but it doesn't make a living, or get the proper medical and health care. But sadly, that is what it has come to.

Am sorry, Kevin, I forgot to put in a wave and warm smile, specifically for you. Sorry I offend you for not including that.

The bigger picture is we don't take care of our vets like we should. We say thanks, but that is all we do. And that is a sad state of affairs. So when I salute them, I do with that in my heart.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:18 AM   #105
Buck
United_States

Quote:
Janet Rosen wrote: View Post
Criminy, talk about topic drift. To all non-Americans reading this thread, please rest assured Mr Burgess does not speak for all of us. NOW CAN WE STAY ON TOPIC?
Thank you for stopping the thread drift.
Janet, your right and that should be taken in consideration for all of us, no matter where we come from. So that is why I firmly speak for myself.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:49 AM   #106
Kevin Leavitt

United_States

No problem Buck...thanks for the thoughts!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #107
thisisnotreal

Quote:
Josh Philipson wrote: View Post
cnn piece on this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1hqH...ayer_embedded#!

33" waist is the max permissible. I may have to have my torso removed to achieve weight restrictions..
Old 11-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #108
Mary Eastland

Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido

Aikido feels better to me when I weigh what I am supposed to. I do believe that addiction is a disease and that changed attitudes can aid recovery. Such rigid thinking about addictive problems can be harmful. For me the bottom line is taking care of myself and helping if asked. I really like the K.D. Lang poem.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #109
lbb
United_States

This thread tasted so good the first time around, let's be having the leftovers? Is that the idea?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!