Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Weapons

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
Chris Farnham
Dojo: Aikido of Champlain Valley/Hamamatsu Aikidokai/Aikido Shidokai
United_States
Suggestions for links to video of Chiba sensei performing his basic bukiwaza?

Can anyone suggest some good links online of Chiba sensei(or one of his students) demonstrating his weapons basics, such as 36 jo basics and his basic bokken waza? When I look on you tube I can’t find any clips of basic technique.
I practiced Chiba style weapons for five years in the US but here in Japan, very few people are familiar with his bukiwaza. I practice on my own but ven't I had a model for almost two years, I feel like I am losing something.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
Max_imo
Dojo: Max Olson
United_States
Re: Suggestions for links to video of Chiba sensei performing his basic bukiwaza?

Hey Chris,

If you can get into Nagoya Sawada Shihan in there. His dojo is Aikido Kimori Dojo. Here is a link to his website: http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~kimori/

He is quite farmilar with Chiba Shihan but has a slightly different feel.

Good luck,

Max
Old 06-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
Chris Farnham
Dojo: Aikido of Champlain Valley/Hamamatsu Aikidokai/Aikido Shidokai
United_States
Re: Suggestions for links to video of Chiba sensei performing his basic bukiwaza?

Hi Max,
I think we have met before. Were you staying at Kimori dojo for a few months last year? I get out to train with Sawada sensei about once a month. I plan to go to a weapons seminar at Kimori on Sunday.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom

Quote:
Chris Farnham wrote: View Post
Can anyone suggest some good links online of Chiba sensei(or one of his students) demonstrating his weapons basics, such as 36 jo basics and his basic bokken waza? When I look on you tube I can't find any clips of basic technique.
I practiced Chiba style weapons for five years in the US but here in Japan, very few people are familiar with his bukiwaza. I practice on my own but ven't I had a model for almost two years, I feel like I am losing something.
Connect via the Web to British Birankai .You will see my contact number .Also contact Simon Weedon of OitaShi.He is an ex student of mine.Can be found on Web
Cheers, Joe Curran,
Hon.President
British Birankai.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Rob Watson
United_States

Links?

Just buy to materials from the source.

http://www.birankai.org/VideosDVDsSDA.html

36 jo basics is there along with a bunch of other good stuff.

"In my opinion, the time of spreading aikido to the world is finished; now we have to focus on quality." Yamada Yoshimitsu

Ultracrepidarianism ... don't.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom

Quote:
Robert M Watson Jr wrote: View Post
Links?

Just buy to materials from the source.

http://www.birankai.org/VideosDVDsSDA.html

36 jo basics is there along with a bunch of other good stuff.
I also supply source material [Batto Ho /Weapons /Body Art by Chiba Sensei /Miyamoto Sensei and other Shihan. Go to British Birankai web page.

Please visit our sponsor:

Seminar with Frank Doran, Shihan - Aug. 8-10, 2014 at Sunset Cliff's Aikido, near San Diego's finest beaches