Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

aikido articles

dojo search
image gallery
links directory

book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

rss feeds

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #26
Dojo: Allegheny Aikido
Re: Had my first class tonight.

Cherie Cornmesser wrote: View Post
aww Greg I hope you feel better. We missed you. Had a total blast with Kote Gaeshi.

Sammy I'm sorry I didn't get to work with you tonight. Nice energy in the dojo tonight. You got a good taste of how Tara's classes tend to go.
Oh, a Tara class. I'm REALLY glad I didn't go. I don't think I'd have been able to keep the energy up past warm-ups.

Kotegaeshi is one of my favorites. And Sammy, listen to the others' advice. Don't worry so much about "correct". One thing at a time. You'll have classes where you make the same mistake as last class and others were you get that part right and another part wrong! There's just a lot going on and it takes a good bit of repetition to get body memory down.

Once I get the body memory of most of the techniques down, I'll let you know how that feels. I'm guessing 30 years.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #27
Dojo: Allegheny Aikido, Pitsburgh PA

LOL Greg yep she had us sweating and breathing hard very quickly.

Sammy I swear most days nothing seems to go right then every so often I get the tiny glimpse of what it is like when it does... then it's gone again. What keeps me coming back besides trying to figure out the puzzle is just how great I always feel at the end of a class. No matter how lousy I may have felt before it. The last few classes I have noticed a marked reluctance to leave when second hour is over. Either that or it's because I just can't move anymore.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 AM   #28
Darryl Cowens
New Zealand

Well, 4th class and 5 weeks in, (7th if you count the other classes I had at other clubs) I wrote out a cheque tonight, so I guess that officially makes me part of the community...
Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #29
Dojo: Allegheny Aikido, Pitsburgh PA

Good for you Darryl. You have to share your experiences with us.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!