Enclosed is a staff video from a seminar that I recently taught. Compare and contrast the following:
1) Small movements compared to how a staff is perceived as solely a long range weapon.,
2) Manipulation of the opponent, into leverage and fulcrum
3) Emission of chi through the length of the weapon
4) Notice how the vocalization is different from the vocalization of my "percussive" open hand. the vocaliztion now takes into consideration the "length of the weapon and the attribute of emitting chi".
5) The is one of fifteen new videos on staff and 5 bow theory.
Staff Video Multiple Attack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jULRveUwNwg
Joseph T. Oliva Arriola