Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-05-2007, 07:59 AM   #276
salim
United_States
Re: Aiki-Boxing

Quote:
Michael Gallagher wrote: View Post
Yes, O Sensei said change and growth are part of Aikido. His early students were all different from them and different from each other. That's true today; two senseis in the same organization can be different from each other and their teacher(s).

But I still think there are read lines you don't cross. At some point, if you tear out too much, you've lost more than you game. Nor than do I think that O Sensei's desire that Aikido not be frozen in time be a license to do whatever.

Those read lines you speak of are being crossed everyday by many Aikidoist and will continue to cross that line. You are several decades late on crossing the line. This was done by Minoru Mochizuki years ago mixing many elements of Karate, Judo, Aikido and Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu. He's not the only one and surely not the last.

Sensei Hiroshi Isoyama stated, "As you know, O-Sensei never wrote much about aikido in books, although some of this techniques are recorded in Budo. Sometimes I've wondered why he didn't write more about aikido, but on the other hand, I think I might understand: his thinking gradually evolved, and he may have felt that anything he wrote in his younger years would potentially end up being contradictory to his thinking later on."

Another quote from Hiroshi Isoyama is, "Another difficulty is that different people have tended to interpret O-Sensei's words in different ways, even though he may have actually said the same thing to all of them. People then end up expressing their own interpretation as if they had absorbed all of what he meant, leading in turn to small variances and eventually to misunderstandings."

"When O-Sensei taught he never gave any particularly detailed explanations."

Many young Aikidoist, such as Roy Dean and Jason DeLucia are just a small proven example of the exploriation of Aikido and mixing with different martial arts. This process is well established from the previous generation of Aikidoist. The founder never intended for Aikido to have one understanding. This was something developed from political organizations with there own motives.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean their view of Aikido is the only one that's right.
Hiroshi Isoyama stated, "Another difficulty is that different people have tended to interpret O-Sensei's words in different ways, even though he may have actually said the same thing to all of them. People then end up expressing their own interpretation as if they had absorbed all of what he meant, leading in turn to small variances and eventually to misunderstandings."

I can't agree with this, because there is no one view of Aikido. There are many views of Aikido. Aikido is not your way or my way, it's both.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #277
salim
United_States

Quote:
Yes, O Sensei said change and growth are part of Aikido. His early students were all different from them and different from each other. That's true today; two senseis in the same organization can be different from each other and their teacher(s).

But I still think there are read lines you don't cross. At some point, if you tear out too much, you've lost more than you game. Nor than do I think that O Sensei's desire that Aikido not be frozen in time be a license to do whatever.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean their view of Aikido is the only one that's right.
Those read lines you speak of are being crossed everyday by many Aikidoist and will continue to cross that line. You are several decades late on crossing the line. This was done by Minoru Mochizuki years ago mixing many elements of Karate, Judo, Aikido and Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu. He's not the only one and surely not the last.

Sensei Hiroshi Isoyama stated, "As you know, O-Sensei never wrote much about aikido in books, although some of this techniques are recorded in Budo. Sometimes I've wondered why he didn't write more about aikido, but on the other hand, I think I might understand: his thinking gradually evolved, and he may have felt that anything he wrote in his younger years would potentially end up being contradictory to his thinking later on."

Another quote from Hiroshi Isoyama is, "Another difficulty is that different people have tended to interpret O-Sensei's words in different ways, even though he may have actually said the same thing to all of them. People then end up expressing their own interpretation as if they had absorbed all of what he meant, leading in turn to small variances and eventually to misunderstandings."

"When O-Sensei taught he never gave any particularly detailed explanations."

Many young Aikidoist, such as Roy Dean and Jason DeLucia are just a small proven example of the exploration of Aikido and mixing with different martial arts. This process is well established from the previous generation of Aikidoist. The founder never intended for Aikido to have one understanding. This was something developed from political organizations with there own motives.

I can't agree with this, because there is no one view of Aikido. There are many views of Aikido. Aikido is not your way or my way, it's both.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #278
stan baker
Wake Island

The future of aikido does not depend on improving technique but gaining and developimg the aiki power that some of the old guys had.
Internal power should be the main focus. Read Dan Harden's quote of Sagawa sensei at the bottom of his posts.

stan

Last edited by stan baker : 10-05-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #279
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States

Quote:
Mazhar Dardari wrote: View Post
You know William, I am working for develop techniques not for inventing techniques to be more realistic and effective , for this you see my style like the many flavors of Aikido, and simply if I make big difference Will not to be aikido.

Thank you William and I wish you success
Cool Sensei I understand.

Look into Shoji Nishio Shihan...Nishio Sensei's had over 60 years of Martial practice before he passed away in 2005. In the late 1950's With O'Sensei's blessing... He threw out the Hombu Style techniques and incorporated His Judo, Karate, Iaido, and Jodo experiance to create an innovative style of Aikido based on the sword. His only criteria of his Aikido and other styles "For Aikido to be Budo (A real Martial Art) It must be effective against other Martial Arts Otherwise you're just dancing"...

Some folks here think innovation with Aikido started when the birth of the internet. For over 60 years now there are a number of dedicated Yudansha and Shihan in many different flavors of Aikido that continue to innovate and follow O'Sensei's path. Aikido's Innovative Shihan's didn't start changing and making Aikido more effective in the 1990's with the birth of MMA. They have been doing it for decades.

Nishio Shihan left behind a huge following in Europe and if you get the chance to travel I hope you can get to one of our seminars in Russia, Denmark, Czech Republic, Sweden, Germany, or Finland.

Hopefully on the near future The spirit of Aikido will allow you to travel here (Or folks to travel there) to share your love of our Art.

Peace and Blessings.

William Hazen

Last edited by Aikibu : 10-05-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #280
mazhar dardari
Dojo: Aikido Dardari Ryu Academy (Bushido)
Syria

Quote:
Not sure what you're trying to say. If it's that Aikido will be gone by 2030 if it doesn't "adapt," I don't agree with that, because if it was true it would have happened already. Judo, Karate, Kung Fu, Tae Kwon Do, Ninjitsu, all rode their waves of popular interest over the past 50 years; I believe TKD is, in fact, the most popular martial art in the world! So now MMA rules the roost, but if Aikido survived the other "competition" as is, why not this? It doesn't look as if each craze results with people abandning whatever arts that they've been doing and going to the latest "in" thing, leaving thei old schools to rot, because the old schools don'tgo out of business when something new pops up. True, people move between systems for various reasons, but some might start in Aikido and go somewhere else, and some might come to Aikido from elsewhere.

If it was something else, mea culpa.
(( I'm sorry again for my language ))

This is the secret of Aikido, your view and my view both true, but my view of the environment in which I live, and your view from your environment in which you live. and Like what he said (salim), there is no one view of Aikido. There are many views of Aikido. Aikido is not your way or my way, it's both.

You need aikido to public health
I need aikido to Self-defense.

You need aikido with Articles and books
I need aikido with the knife and gun

You need aikido Peaceful
I need aikido Defensive

You need traditional aikido Far from change
I need traditional aikido Close to reality

You are don't have the daily problems
I have daily problems

In your country all people respect each other
In my country no body respect if you haven't power

If you have enough strength, you don't need to defense you self,
Only the weak need to defend him self. And Believe me when the first the fighting in the street It was unable to defend himself and his children and his family Looking for him, he go to the different art.

But in the end aikido found for people thinkers and Combatants
You need to think, but I need fighting, the fighting aikido different from fighting in other arts, as well as thought.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #281
mazhar dardari
Dojo: Aikido Dardari Ryu Academy (Bushido)
Syria

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
Cool Sensei I understand.

Look into Shoji Nishio Shihan...Nishio Sensei's had over 60 years of Martial practice before he passed away in 2005. In the late 1950's With O'Sensei's blessing... He threw out the Hombu Style techniques and incorporated His Judo, Karate, Iaido, and Jodo experiance to create an innovative style of Aikido based on the sword. His only criteria of his Aikido and other styles "For Aikido to be Budo (A real Martial Art) It must be effective against other Martial Arts Otherwise you're just dancing"...

Some folks here think innovation with Aikido started when the birth of the internet. For over 60 years now there are a number of dedicated Yudansha and Shihan in many different flavors of Aikido that continue to innovate and follow O'Sensei's path. Aikido's Innovative Shihan's didn't start changing and making Aikido more effective in the 1990's with the birth of MMA. They have been doing it for decades.

Nishio Shihan left behind a huge following in Europe and if you get the chance to travel I hope you can get to one of our seminars in Russia, Denmark, Czech Republic, Sweden, Germany, or Finland.

Hopefully on the near future The spirit of Aikido will allow you to travel here (Or folks to travel there) to share your love of our Art.

Peace and Blessings.

William Hazen
Perhaps I have time to go to Belgium and I will try to attend some seminars, with all respect william.

Peace and Blessings.
Mazhar Al-Dardari
Old 10-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #282
DonMagee
United_States

Quote:
Roman Kremianski wrote: View Post
There are wrestling throws that look like Judo throws. The Judo guys didn't invent hips.

Heck, I've seen a 12 year old with zero Judo knowledge grab another kid by the collar and sweep him. That looked like a Judo throw.
Your not getting my point.

BJJ and judo both have armbars. I can easily tell when watching someone setup an armbar if they are a judo or bjj guy. Their training will develop methods of setting up and performing the technique. I can tell if a guy is a wrestler or a judo player by how he setups his throw. That video did not have a unique feel to it. He could of trained just judo or wrestling and preformed just as well. There was not anything I could discern as unique or adventagous about his method. So the question is, why bother with all that when wrestling or judo would of given him the same skills if not better training for those same skills. (As the sole purpose of those sports is to apply those skills against a resisting opponent with hundreds of years of perfection for that goal behind it.)

If I want to be a good striker. I could keep going to aikido and get some buddys together to do some sparing. After a bit of time I'm sure I would improve, find out what works and doesn't and slowly gain skill in striking. I would be better served by seeking out a Mauy Thai instructor, getting instruction from an art that has spent hundreds of years perfecting how to hit someone hard and effectively while not getting hit. And I can help starve off some of those bad habits I'm going to pick up trying to reinvent the wheel.

Last edited by DonMagee : 10-05-2007 at 01:44 PM.

- Don
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" - Albert Einstein
Old 10-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #283
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain

Quote:
Don Magee wrote: View Post
That video did not have a unique feel to it. He could of trained just judo or wrestling and preformed just as well. There was not anything I could discern as unique or adventagous about his method. So the question is, why bother with all that when wrestling or judo would of given him the same skills if not better training for those same skills.
Then, really it doesn't matter if one trains in aikido, judo or wrestling if the performance is more or less the same. The diference is in the amount of time needed to achieve the skill level to perform because the different training methodologies.

Am i getting your point?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #284
Keith R Lee
United_States

How about just stop trying to re-invent the wheel?

If you want to learn to strike, clinch, or grapple, why half-@$$ your way through it in Aikido? Instead of trying to figure it out on your own or making it up as you go along, why not just go to a Thai/wrestling/BJJ gym instead? They've already figured all this stuff out, there's no need to come up with it on your own.

Keith Lee
Old 10-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #285
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain

Quote:
Keith Lee wrote: View Post
Because wheels also have their limits, and there are places where they don't work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBNjdwYdvE

Quote:
If you want to learn to strike, clinch, or grapple, why half-@$$ your way through it in Aikido? Instead of trying to figure it out on your own or making it up as you go along, why not just go to a Thai/wrestling/BJJ gym instead? They've already figured all this stuff out, there's no need to come up with it on your own.
There's no need, but it's fun to try new things (this how we are not still living on trees).
Old 10-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #286
salim
United_States

Quote:

One of the points being made, but not the only point, is that Aikido when used in a MMA situation or for self defense will not necessarily look like a Aikido demonstration.

This is often times the confusion about how techniques are applied and the modifications that are needed for it to work in a real life altercations or an MMA situation. It depends on the situation as to when you can apply a technique, how you can apply a technique and to what extent the application of the technique will need to be adjusted to achieve the goal of self defense.

People need to stop thinking that demonstrations are real life. Demonstration don't have the full impact of realization. Aikido is not based on demonstrations. Demonstrations are rehearsed movements, punched then let me apply wrist lock. Kick then let me tasibaki and counter attack. Demonstrations are not real and youtube is filled with Aikido demonstrations.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #287
CNYMike
Dojo: Finger Lakes Aikido
United_States

Quote:
Salim Shaw wrote: View Post
Those read lines you speak of are being crossed everyday by many Aikidoist and will continue to cross that line .....
I may be relatively new in mentioning it on Aikiweb, but these ideas aren't new. My thinking was influenced by Guro Kevin Seaman and Guro Andrew Astle, under whom I have been doing LaCoste Inosanto Kali for ten years. As you may have guessed, their thinking was influened by Guro Dan Inosanto, who has been noted for saying repeatedly that no one martial art has all the answers and everything has something to offer. Guro Andy has also been adamant in that he rjects the idea of stripping out the lingusitic and cultural aspects of the arts and just teaching the techniques.

So, yes, it seems to be new to Aikiweb. But it's not new at all.

Quote:
You are several decades late on crossing the line. This was done by Minoru Mochizuki years ago mixing many elements of Karate, Judo, Aikido and Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu. He's not the only one and surely not the last.
And as far as "combining" arts goes, Bruce Lee did that, too. But he didn't call his creation Wing Chun Kung Fu, even though Wing Chun is the nucleus of Jun Fan Gung Fu. So when you pile several arts together with Aikido, can you still call it Aikido? Or call it something else to refelct the fact that this your philosophy? Just a thought.

Or look at MMA guys. They draw on Thai Boxing for their standup game, but how many of them go to Interet forums and argue that Thai Boxers should adda ground game, throw out the cultural and traditional elements, and so forth? If there is someone doing that, point him out; if not, there does seem to be a precedent for drawing on various martial arts to create something new without chaning the source material. MMA guys do it all the time. Seems a good model to follow.

Quote:
..... Another quote from Hiroshi Isoyama is, "Another difficulty is that different people have tended to interpret O-Sensei's words in different ways, even though he may have actually said the same thing to all of them. People then end up expressing their own interpretation as if they had absorbed all of what he meant, leading in turn to small variances and eventually to misunderstandings."
Which seems to continue to this day.

Quote:
Many young Aikidoist, such as Roy Dean and Jason DeLucia are just a small proven example of the exploration of Aikido and mixing with different martial arts ......
And over the summer I went to the New York Aikikai summer camp, and I was impressed by the number of 20-somethings on the mat. If they were all gnashing their teeth at having to bow and do things Yamada Sensei taught, I missed it.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #288
CNYMike
United_States

Quote:

The empty hand portions of Filipino martial arts also has all these things combined. You may find it under the same roof as Thai and BJJ, so you can get all the things you mentioned, Keith, and a "cheat sheet" for how to combine them, as well as weapons, too.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #289
CNYMike
United_States

Quote:
Mazhar Dardari wrote: View Post
..... But in the end aikido found for people thinkers and Combatants
You need to think, but I need fighting, the fighting aikido different from fighting in other arts, as well as thought.
There's one more issue in the mix: Future generations. What will your students teach their students long after you're dead? You're not just doing martial arts for yourself but a link in a chain that started with O Sensei and extends into the future.

Yes, it is absolutely true that O Sensei intended Aikido to change over time. But if one throws out too much of what he created for the expediency of the here and now, future generations could be short-changed. They may get something they enjoy and benefit from, but it still won't be Aikido anymore. It's an issue that one way or another, has to be dealt with, like an elephant in the living room: One can choose to igneore it, but that choice still has to be made.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #290
Aikibu
United_States

Quote:

And over the summer I went to the New York Aikikai summer camp, and I was impressed by the number of 20-somethings on the mat. If they were all gnashing their teeth at having to bow and do things Yamada Sensei taught, I missed it.
Yamada Sensei in his prime is a great example of one of the most fearsome Martial Artists of the last 30 years....and all he practices is Aikido.

William Hazen
Old 10-07-2007, 01:06 AM   #291
Roman Kremianski
Dojo: Toronto Aikikai
Canada

Quote:

Nominated for quote of the year.

Fellow Aikidoka would once in a while tell me "No, this technique will work in this circumstance. Watch."

And the guy would basically do a self-improvised version of what we do in MMA. Closer to the way a beginner would do it.

After repeating observations, I've arrived at the conclusion that there's just no point in "making Aikido work" under resistance and genuine aggression. You basically will be re-inventing the wheel, only that wheel will be shaped like a hexagon, and filled with cracked holes. People sprawl because it's the humanly most efficient way of not ending up your back. People block punches by keeping their hands high not because they're primitive morons that don't feel like doing irimi/tenchi, but because it's the only thing you'll have time to do.

If people wanna do the MMA stuff, cut out the middle man, and just go to MMA.

Quote:
Yamada Sensei in his prime is a great example of one of the most fearsome Martial Artists of the last 30 years....and all he practices is Aikido
What did he do to become so fearsome? From what I read, he was a normal hard working student, and he seemed like a really nice guy when I attended his seminar.

It's funny the kind of titles Aikidoka give other Aikidoka, that only apply in the Aikido circle.

Last edited by Roman Kremianski : 10-07-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:24 AM   #292
Aikibu
United_States

Quote:
Roman Kremianski wrote: View Post
Nominated for quote of the year.

Fellow Aikidoka would once in a while tell me "No, this technique will work in this circumstance. Watch."

And the guy would basically do a self-improvised version of what we do in MMA. Closer to the way a beginner would do it.

After repeating observations, I've arrived at the conclusion that there's just no point in "making Aikido work" under resistance and genuine aggression. You basically will be re-inventing the wheel, only that wheel will be shaped like a hexagon, and filled with cracked holes. People sprawl because it's the humanly most efficient way of not ending up your back. People block punches by keeping their hands high not because they're primitive morons that don't feel like doing irimi/tenchi, but because it's the only thing you'll have time to do.

If people wanna do the MMA stuff, cut out the middle man, and just go to MMA.

What did he do to become so fearsome? From what I read, he was a normal hard working student, and he seemed like a really nice guy when I attended his seminar.

It's funny the kind of titles Aikidoka give other Aikidoka, that only apply in the Aikido circle.
Your lack of experiance speaks for itself and any further comment from me regarding most of what you posted seems appropriate.

How did I get sucked back into this thread.

I know it was to speak to Sensei Dardi.

My mistake.

Respectfully,

William Hazen

Last edited by Aikibu : 10-07-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:26 AM   #293
DH
United_States

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
Yamada Sensei in his prime is a great example of one of the most fearsome Martial Artists of the last 30 years....and all he practices is Aikido.
William Hazen
I can't read the words "fearsome" martial artists attached to any of the top three Aikikai guys names and keep a straight face. But "one of -thee- most fearsome artists of the last 30 years?"
Please...They did nice Aikido. Why not say the feircest Aikido teachers or some such. Even that will be argumentative I'd bet.
I'd rate collegiate wrestlers over most budo shihan in the "fearsome catagory. I guess it all depends on what you see and don't see.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:33 AM   #294
Aikibu
United_States

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
I can't read the words "fearsome" martial artists attached to any of the top three Aikikai guys names and keep a straight face. But "one of -thee- most fearsome artists of the last 30 years?"
Please...They did nice Aikido. Why not say the feircest Aikido teachers or some such. Even that will be argumentative I'd bet.
I'd rate collegiate wrestlers over most budo shihan in the "fearsome catagory. I guess it all depends on what you see and don't see.
Whatever Danger Dan. I'll stick by my comment and leave you to ponder what I really meant.

William Hazen
Old 10-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #295
darin

Here's some fearsome moves for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=990kdheTIOY
Old 10-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #296
DH
United_States

Well, I don't mind body training looking funny. I do some really odd looking rolling around on the floor and flipping for ground work training. And some truly weird looking standing exercises. Including something we do for crossline bodywork meant to strengthen while loosening the central pivot. I call it gorilla aiki. And breathwork training looks worse. Hell, I have people standing in doorways stretching their tendon/ligaments in their crotch. I'll let folks laugh all the day long. If you ask the folks who have come here from AikiWeb they will tell you we laugh at ourselves and each other so the embarrassment over the "weirdness" of what they are being asked to do is diminished. If you watched any of it-you would find it equally hilarious, if not more so, as this video. Till you felt us hit or kick you, tried to throw us, or watched us hit a heavy bag.

And to make this Aikido video even funnier- the thing those exercises they were doing were meant to impart? It's not even being done. Their lines are a mess. Hips rising and falling, upper out of step with the lower, swaying, If you watch Shioda you will see a whole different movement going on in the same types of movement. It isn't the same. So in the saddest of all possibilities, these folks here can't even say they are actually "doing' anything much more than the joke that was made of it...line dancing.

William
I addressed it the way it sounded that's all. No offense intened. I don't usually disagree with much of what you write. But I found that one over the top bro.

Last edited by DH : 10-07-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #297
darin

I think thats Tomiki aikido in the video. No insult intended to those who do that style but the video was funny.

Glad you liked the video Dan, I hope nobody caught you dancing along to the music.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #298
DH
United_States

The one thing that is saddly, but glaringly obvious from a few years of doing, now twenty years of watching Aikido, even more so with all the video now available? There is no longer much Aiki-power in Aikido-if at all. Over time it looks like it has been reduced and evicerated as a martial art. Needing to take boxing or BJJ or MT to support what has been gutted out of Aikido is sadder still. Those arts are great but they cannot offer anything to help "fix" the central tenant of what has been gutted from Aikido; a trained body, that demonstrated aiki-power, and the teaching method to put it into good use in a viable way against resistance. And even saying you need to incorporate x or y art to make yours viable, clearly demonstrates your lack of understanding of your own.
Why do I say that?
Because Aiki-power is not fruity, is not blendy and flowery, it will knock you out cold, impart in you the "heavy hands' any boxer is looking for, make you fast in movement, powerful in striking and kicking, and a son of a bitch to try and throw and all done in very strict accord to what Ueshiba was tryng to tell you all along. The only difference is that many, if not most, teachers......don't really know what he was doing nor what to do to make a martial body.
And the real heart of the problem is?
That -they- think they do.
Make note that I am not slamming Aikido. I have more confidance in what it potentially can do, if it were fixed to be what it was meant to be-than many still in the art.

Last edited by DH : 10-07-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #299
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain

Quote:
Darin Hyde wrote: View Post
Here's some fearsome moves for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=990kdheTIOY
The original version

Not as funny to watch.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:50 AM   #300
Roman Kremianski
Dojo: Toronto Aikikai
Canada

Quote:
Your lack of experiance speaks for itself and any further comment from me regarding most of what you posted seems appropriate.
I'm naturally going to assume that by dropping this comment, you're well experienced in various arts, including grappling, wrestling, and striking?

So you've done all that and still consider Aikikai to be among the most fearsome in the last 3 decades? You must simply be on a higher plane then the rest of us.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!