Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 07-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #1101
Roman Kremianski
Dojo: Toronto Aikikai
Canada
Re: Aikido does not work at all in a fight.

Quote:
Whoa, running my mouth (here goes 'ego' "He said I was running my mouth!") lol

Seriously, misunderstood I am (yoda)

Again, those 'running their mouth' - Im asking you for your example Roman. Peace to you dude...again, you misunderstand where Im coming from...and please...please...read.

I had a real fight, I dont go around having a plan to have a 'street' fight and have someone film it. So read before trying to say I did or did not do something...dude, relaxation is o.k...what is there to defend.
As for me, seems I said what I could, anything beyond this will be 'stories' and ego. (actually I have already involved myself on the realm of 'stories' of the ego by replying.

Peace

Dalen
Sorry if you feel it's a misunderstanding, but usually when someone on the internet with no credentials says they beat up X, with zero evidence to back it, someone will generally cry bullshido. If you had some kind of fight and you apparently whooped the guy's ass, then that's great for you. But the world will never know.

And for a good read...

Quote:
But couldn't I just gouge the grappler's eyes, or bite him?

The non-grappler will claim to resort to such infallible techniques as eyegouging, biting and / or genital crushing techniques. The reasons why this is bullshido are as follows:

1. How often do these strikers actually train these movements? The answer is usually not very often. Thus, they are a somewhat risky method of countering a grappler, who has practiced the movements they will be using many times before on resisting opponents.

2. Eyegouging, biting and genital mandhandling are of course very uncomfortable for those on the recieving end, but they are not instant fight-enders. Resorting to these techniques suggests a 'last chance' situation, whereby the grappler has you under their control and you are trying a last ditch attempt to escape or injure the grappler. If you do not either gouge the eye right out of the socket and put your thumb in their brain, crush their nuts even through various layers of clothing, or bite a rather large chunk from their body, they will continue to choke you to unconsciousness or break / disable a joint or limb.

3. What you can do to them, they can do to you. In other words. if a grappler can beat you under a specific ruleset, chances are that when those rules are lifted, they can beat you even worse. There is no unwritten law in life that states only kung fu weenies can poke someone in the eye or squeeze some testicles.

Which brings us to the last point,

4. Whatever move you claim to be able to pull out of the bag during 'anti-grappling', chances are a grappler can not only do the same move to you, but can use their skill and experience of fighting in that range to put themselves in a much better position than you to apply the move, and also have the knowledge and experience to defend against it far better than a non-grappler.
For instance, from under mount, trying to gouge your opponent's eyes will give your opponent a great opportunity to armbar you. Whereas the person on top mount can gouge with impunity.

5: So far these tactics have never worked on a skilled grappler. For instance, in the john marsh vs. kung fu guy video on bullshido.net, the kung fu guy trys to gouge Marsh's eyes from underneath side control. Marsh uses the raised arm as an opportunity to apply a keylock and snaps the kung fu guy's shoulder.

Last edited by Roman Kremianski : 07-13-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #1102
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Budo - NY, MD
United_States

Quote:
Don Magee wrote: View Post
Welcome to arguing on the internet
Yeah, I guess if the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior while expecting a different result, I should expect the folks in the little white van and nice white coats to show up anytime now . . .
Old 07-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #1103
philippe willaume

United Kingdom

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post
This thread had a brief glimmer of hope upon its resurrection and has now gone back to being t43 $tup1d . . .

1) Dirty tricks are better able to be applied from the dominant position. As are weapons, tickles and hugs.

2) No martial art fully equals fighting. Some are better than others at approximating what happens in a fight.

3) If you've only just started training in MMA, you don't have the moral authority to say much more than "I've just started training MMA". Lots of people that only do aikido as a discipline can still kick your ass.

4) If you train aikido and you've never "worked out your stuff" against someone that tries to give skilled attacks of a strike/clinch/grapple nature, then you don't have the moral authority to say much more than "I don't know how it would work in that environment". Responding with, "But my sensei says . . ." only makes things worse.

I'm speeking from a position of having been guilty of a number of the above things. Others, I've only witnessed the pain (laughter) they can cause.
amen

One Ringeck to bring them all and in darkness bind them,
In the Land of Windsor where phlip phlop live.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #1104
CNYMike
Dojo: Finger Lakes Aikido
United_States

Quote:
Roman Kremianski wrote: View Post
Then I assume you're also very experienced in full contact competition?
No, but I've had some training in the things MMA guys use from Western Boxing, Thai Boxing, and grappling. Call me a mellow TMAer --- it's my base, but doing things from "the other side of the tracks" isn't going to kill me.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:52 AM   #1105
Paul Sanderson-Cimino
Dojo: Yoshokai; looking into judo
United_States

Quote:
I noticed that as well. I couldn't tell if he was eye gouging, just flailing helplessly, or maybe smart enough to think he might go for an armbar that would give him a chance to escape.

I'm still going with flailing helplessly with no rational plan.
I was actually referring to earlier. He sort of reaches up in that area, causing Osiris to drop his head a bit to avoid. I dunno. Anyway, the summary is the same: flailing helplessly, cursing impotently.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #1106
dalen7

Dojo: Karcag Aikido Club
Hungary

Quote:
Sorry if you feel it's a misunderstanding, but usually when someone on the internet with no credentials says they beat up X, with zero evidence to back it, someone will generally cry bullshido. If you had some kind of fight and you apparently whooped the guy's ass, then that's great for you. But the world will never know.

And for a good read...
Roman, thanks, it appears from the above that we may be clearing the communication pipe way. (hard to in words face to face let alone on the internet...)

I appreciate your and other post - its true one what dude said that I dont have experience...tis true, and I havent claimed it to clarify, anyone can check my back post, etc.

Also, my story about beating Mr. Judo was published in more places then in fight forums - as it was a lesson in on a totally different level for me. The only fight I have been in is twice.
(well, maybe long time ago another...but whose counting)

And the point is they both were with my brother in law, who is rather opinionated, like myself. But as I have posted in other lengthy post - he underestimated me (story Im sure is even on this forum somewhere). Short in of story - first time he almost got kneed but someone else was there, so I did not smash his face in.
2nd time, 10 years later he did the same stupid move and I tried to counter in a peaceful way by grabbing him in a headlock and holding him there until he calmed down

he didn't calm down, and he managed to get me on the floor and I then proceeded to kick his face, popped up and smashed his nose.
It stopped there, blood on the floor, etc.

I never claimed he is a talented BJJ - infact its my understanding that he trained in Judo...he did single joint manipulation on me.

But, I do understand the fact that you have to see it and play around to see how it can work - but since its a forum, I was curious in this discussion if someone could paint a picture from their experience how it would work.

I say that, as my former boss was a teacher in O. Karate. The dude is tall as a giant...and arms long as can be.

And it is my understanding from what I know in boxing that reach has a lot to do with things.

And as I mentioned, a long time ago, a varsity wrestler tried his moves on me, and he could pin me, but could not keep me pinned.
I was 145lbs and benched 250lbs in highschool - he admitted I was a strong dude. (No this dude was not bigger than me, etc.)

I bring this up, because, again Im connecting what experience I have had and trying to make sense out how people tend to say BJJ rules over everything because they are good on the ground.
Yes I can see if you mess up that it is to their advantage, but back to boxing and my former boss that is giant size...to get 'in' close and avoid his long tentacles is another story.

And to put it in the wrestling terms, if hes strong...well.
You know, maybe even clearer...as I was reading on wiki, it said that now that bigger folks know how to counter move BJJ that weight classes were introduced in MMA because it was not as effective.

So I suppose I was just trying to cut past the hype.
But in truth, Im sure it is extremely effective.

As mentioned, Sifu Francis Fong Academy in Atlanta has the art, and they are a pretty 'serious'/cool place that you feel that you can kick butt just by walking in.

Anyway, not sure if that clears things up, a bit - but peace to you and the rest.

- as for experience, I just got back from my 17th lesson in Aikido.
At least Im not tripping over both feet like in my first class.

Peace

Dalen

Last edited by dalen7 : 07-13-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #1107
DonMagee
United_States

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to say all you need is BJJ.

At least I should say I'd hope nobody is that stupid. This is why you don't see bjj guys in MMA, you see MMA fighters in MMA. It is stupid to neglect ANY range of fighting if you are going to get in a fight. This can even be said to MMA guys who do not train for weapons.

I personally do not train for the street, so I do not care about weapons (Until they allow them in the ring.). I would never say all you need is BJJ. I'd say all you need is solid delivery systems and training with aliveness. This means bjj/judo/mt/boxing/wrestling/etc

But if you don't train with aliveness, it doesn't matter what you study.

- Don
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" - Albert Einstein
Old 07-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #1108
dalen7

Hungary

One thing I have found interesting, from my reading on this thread and wiki is as follows:

With BJJ it appears from comments that a black belt, wait - even a purple belt is considered 'dangerous' (if I may use that term for this example, maybe better say that they can really put their art to the test)

Anyway, with Aikido, its opposite.
It appears that people tend to believe that its 'useless' in Kyu levels...and at shodan you just are 'starting'.

Again, its quite interesting that its implied that BJJ is effective at Black belt (and even at purple) whereas with Aikido many people say that until you are like 4 etc. maybe its useful.

Anyway, I found it a bit interesting - but again, Aikido is meant soley for defense, and on a spiritual side...stopping the fight internally before it manifest in the physical. - so that in itself, it seems, is what divides and makes the difference between Aikdio and BJJ (and perhaps all the other arts.)

The only other art that seems similar is Wing Chun - but at the same time it uses blocks, where Aikido is all about the flow.

Peace

Dalen
Old 07-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #1109
Dewey
United_States

Quote:
All the more reason to hear me out. I used to be extremely anti-mma, complaining about basically everything that people have found to pick at in MMA. "Those stupid gorrilas pounding away at eachother. That's not martial arts" etc

If someone like me turned around, then maybe there's something in MMA many Aikidoka are not seeing. This is coming from a former hardcore Aikidoka, who trained in Aikido 6 days a week, 2.5 hours a day, for a couple of years.
Yikes! Well, at least you plainly admit that you're not being objective. Based upon this statement, someone could easily take issue with your pro-MMA arguments in this and other threads as being more of a "mission" than a matter of objective debate. You announce your disillusionment with Aikido, followed by a corrective course of action (i.e. to "educate" Aikidoka). Perhaps you should first openly admit your bias against Aikido in the interest of intellectual honesty, then go from there. If you just enjoy debating & arguing, then that's just fine, too...that's what internet forums are for.

It should be common knowledge that every martial art has its strengths & deficiencies, which is a simple fact. Each art was conceived & designed to address specific tactical scenarios. Someone who's concerned about technical deficiencies in their chosen art should cross-train to resolve those discrepencies to their own satisfaction. Sometimes that means leaving one art entirely...sometimes not. However, realizing and experiencing deficiencies in one's chosen martial art does not demand an abandonment (either partial or wholesale) of it. Rather, it provides an opportunity to expand your technical repitoire by cross-training and then incorporating those techniques into your existing "base" art. This holds true for whatever the focus of training is: fighting, competition, self-defense. That tired, worn-out "aiki-straw man" argument of Aikidoka being delusional about their own martial art is simply getting old. Indeed, they're out there...but not to the degree that Aikido detractors like to portray.

I can clearly see the strengths of MMA and its training methodology, but I can also clearly see it's deficiencies...just as I am well aware of Aikido's strengths and deficiencies. Some might argue that the strengths of MMA far outweigh its deficiencies, with the reverse being true for Aikido. That, of course, is a matter of opinion.

Quote:
Welcome to arguing on the internet
Indeed! No truer words have been spoken.

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post
Yeah, I guess if the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior while expecting a different result, I should expect the folks in the little white van and nice white coats to show up anytime now . . .
Yup.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #1110
DonMagee
United_States

Quote:
Dalen Johnson wrote: View Post
One thing I have found interesting, from my reading on this thread and wiki is as follows:

With BJJ it appears from comments that a black belt, wait - even a purple belt is considered 'dangerous' (if I may use that term for this example, maybe better say that they can really put their art to the test)

It appears that people tend to believe that its 'useless' in Kyu levels...and at shodan you just are 'starting'.

Again, its quite interesting that its implied that BJJ is effective at Black belt (and even at purple) whereas with Aikido many people say that until you are like 4 etc. maybe its useful.

Anyway, I found it a bit interesting - but again, Aikido is meant soley for defense, and on a spiritual side...stopping the fight internally before it manifest in the physical. - so that in itself, it seems, is what divides and makes the difference between Aikdio and BJJ (and perhaps all the other arts.)

The only other art that seems similar is Wing Chun - but at the same time it uses blocks, where Aikido is all about the flow.

Peace

Dalen
A BJJ purple belt is of sufficient rank to teach under the watchful eye of a black belt. My bjj instructor just got his black belt this month, he has been teaching as a purple belt and brown belt for years.

I feel that within 6 months you are going to be able to use your bjj training in the club. You are going to see new guys and toy with most of them. By the time you are a blue belt, you are dangerous to people untrained in ground fighting. A purple belt would be the equivalent of technical mastery. Beyond that is just improving strategy and timing as you make bjj your own. Matt Thornton says the only difference between a purple belt and a black belt is timing and flow.

I'd put a judo shodan around the high blue belt, begining purple belt range in bjj.

- Don
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" - Albert Einstein
Old 07-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #1111
Keith R Lee
United_States

Quote:

I'd consider any decent blue belt BJJer dangerous, much more so than most Aikido students. Mostly because of what Don is talking about; aliveness. It makes all the difference in the world.

I would easily bet $100 that if you went into the average BJJ school, picked an average blue belt (trained for maybe 2 years) and then proceeded to the average Aikido school, picked your average 1st dan (practicing 4-5 years)-and then gave them 4 oz gloves and told them to square off in a ring-that the BJJer would win. Not because BJJ or its techniques are inherently someway better, but its training methodology (competition and "aliveness") is much better at producing effective martial technique quickly. The two arts just have very different goals and their training methodology reflects that.

Keith Lee
Old 07-13-2007, 03:41 PM   #1112
Paul Sanderson-Cimino
United_States

Of course, belt colors are somewhat arbitrary. My impression is that most people take at least 10 years to get a BJJ black belt -- that's, what, a nidan or sandan in most styles of aikido?

As for what X rank in aikido lets you do with the average person...well, I think until it's clear what sort of scenario aikido is meant to be improving your skill at, assessment of that nature is difficult.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:41 PM   #1113
dbotari
Canada

Quote:
But if you don't train with aliveness, it doesn't matter what you study.
I believe the converse also holds true. If you train with aliveness then it doesn't matter what you train in.

Dan
Old 07-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #1114
Paul Sanderson-Cimino
United_States

Quote:
Dan Botari wrote: View Post
I believe the converse also holds true. If you train with aliveness then it doesn't matter what you train in.
Well, kind of sort of. If I create a martial art that consists of...I dunno...open-handed slaps to the torso...and I train it in a fully alive manner...I'm never going to be very dangerous.

I think the only reason the "aliveness makes everything good" argument can be argued to -always- hold is that part of aliveness is discarding the bad and picking up the good. So hypothetically, yes, aliveness would make Torso-Slappy-Art practitioners good...but they'd no longer be doing Torso-Slappy-Art by the end of it.

Put more casually, this theory might hold that if you took two people from some random TMA and had them train alive everyday, they'd probably start reinventing wrestling, boxing, BJJ, and so forth. It's like Fukiyama's "End of History" (everyone turns into a liberal capitalist democracy) theory.

I think Matt Thornton, the aliveness poster boy, had some remark about how training a TMA alive means you lose 95% of your curriculum.

Fortunately, aikido's 70% atemi, and people suck at atemi anyway, so ....
(Yes, being purely facetious there.)

Last edited by Paul Sanderson-Cimino : 07-13-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:47 PM   #1115
dbotari
Canada

Quote:
Keith Lee wrote: View Post
The two arts just have very different goals and their training methodology reflects that.
Than why constantly and consistantly compare them????

Dan
Old 07-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #1116
Paul Sanderson-Cimino
United_States

I'll also add that I don't think aikido is a "Torso-Slappy-Art". Maybe I'm blinded by affection, but I continue to believe aikido's probably got some methods in it that are functional, even optimal. I guess my two theories at present are:

1) Aikido actually does work in MMA-type situations, at least as a useful complement to judo
2) Aikido is meant for old-style jujutsu scenarios (weapons-containing environment).
Old 07-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #1117
dalen7

Hungary

Quote:
Paul Sanderson-Cimino wrote: View Post
Of course, belt colors are somewhat arbitrary. My impression is that most people take at least 10 years to get a BJJ black belt -- that's, what, a nidan or sandan in most styles of aikido?

As for what X rank in aikido lets you do with the average person...well, I think until it's clear what sort of scenario aikido is meant to be improving your skill at, assessment of that nature is difficult.
Maybe that clears it up.
So black belt isnt just a couple of years...Yeah I suppose the belt ranking system can kind of be misleading.

Seems a lot of it has to do with time you put in...my place trains 2 times a week - so years from now I will be shodan hypothetically.
Whereas, I suppose if I was in the military training everyday, you could acquire efficiency even faster.

Point is well taken...got to learn to look past belts.
I have always taken it that at black belt in any style, that means you know the whole leg work of the system. (but as mentioned elsewhere, I have never really been involved in a martial art system...just watched to many jackie chan movies.

- by the way, I am amazed at how many people seem to be involved in BJJ here at aikiweb.
But then again, my trip to Budapest to the Aikido shop had a surprise...when I saw that all the guys there were training BJJ at the time. (the shops are in the 'dojo')

Peace

Dalen

Last edited by dalen7 : 07-13-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #1118
dalen7

Hungary

Quote:
I'll also add that I don't think aikido is a "Torso-Slappy-Art". Maybe I'm blinded by affection, but I continue to believe aikido's probably got some methods in it that are functional, even optimal. I guess my two theories at present are:

1) Aikido actually does work in MMA-type situations, at least as a useful complement to judo
2) Aikido is meant for old-style jujutsu scenarios (weapons-containing environment).
Im wondering how well it would replace wing-chun.

i.e.
Train in the following: BJJ - M.T.B - Aikido (vs. Wing Chun here) with maybe Kali on the side (well replace it with kendo or iado - spelling)
Old 07-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #1119
Paul Sanderson-Cimino
United_States

Yeah...I know a few aikido sandans who -- while I don't know for sure, and might be biased here -- could probably kick my sankyuu ass without much trouble.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #1120
Paul Sanderson-Cimino
United_States

Quote:
Im wondering how well it would replace wing-chun.
I don't know much about Wing Chun or other Chinese systems. They seem to also be pretty much out in the cold from MMA.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:27 PM   #1121
Dewey
United_States

Quote:

My thoughts as well. Aikido is not "completely" useless in MMA-type situations. The most basic principle of Aikido is blending/merging/joining with your attacker. Let's not forget that...no matter how it plays out. Once Aikidoka forget this "prime directive" of Aikido (for you Star Trek geeks out there), Aikido resorts to a nicely choreographed dance routine, ripe for sardonic comment. I'll let my attacker dictate my response.

There's still some life left in these here bones!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #1122
Aristeia
New Zealand

Quote:
Keith Lee wrote: View Post
I'd consider any decent blue belt BJJer dangerous, .
Blue belt beat the world - purple belt beat blue belt....

"When your only tool is a hammer every problem starts to look like a nail"
Old 07-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #1123
gregg block

United_States

Quote:
wrote: View Post
I have competed in both boxing and wrestling and I am now training in brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I have watched many No Holds Barred competitions, like the UFC, and it is clear to me that Aikido and it's techniques and it's way of training do not prepare anyone to actually fight. I know that Aikido practitioners talk a lot about concepts like spirituality, harmony...etc. but I also hear people talk about how it is a pratical means of self defense. Aikido does not have practical striking techniques or any REAL matwork at all. I would like to know how Aikido can be used as self defense if you cannot grapple or strike.
I to have competed in boxing, kickboxing,and tae kwon do for many years before starting Aikido. Your statement screams ignorance. Clearly you know nothing about Aikido. Learning Aikido has complemented my striking background nicely and has helped me become a more complete martial artist. I also know some individuals who do only Aikido that I wouldn't want to mess with. And trust me I'm a good striker. All martial arts are effective and have value. It's the practitioners who fall short not the style.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #1124
DonMagee
United_States

I've been training in bjj for a little over a year and half. I'm a blue belt. I'm not near the best blue belt in my club, but I'd say I'm a competent blue belt.

I've been training judo for almost 3 years. I'm just now a Sankyu. I've been training aikido on and off for 4 years. I've yet to be ranked. Previous to that I received a club black belt in TKD and quit because my instructor (young guy hit by a truck) died and his assistant instructor who picked up his club was one of the early ATA mcdojo guys. I've also trained randomly in a few arts and did a 6 month stint in krav maga. I supplement my current training with MMA sparing and Mauy Thai instruction.

I really feel I did not gain any real skill before the last year. In the last year I got a good judo instructor and went from 7th to 3rd kyu and got my blue belt in bjj. Before that time I only believed I could fight. I'd dream of being able to take out guys in a fight with impressive wrist locks and head kicks. But I always had fears and really didn't know what I was able to do. Now I'll exactly 100% sure on what I can and can't do.

I no longer have any fears of what ifs. I no longer dream of being a bad ass. I simply have no drive or desire to be a hero, fight a guy on a street, or have power over anyone. I've become much less aggressive, been able to focus more on my job and my family, and I have a confidence I never knew I had. That fear in my throat I had growing up when I would be challenged by bullys is no longer there. I don't even think about self defense as a reason to train any longer. I'm having too much fun. I also went from 200 pounds to 155 pounds in the first 9 months of my bjj training. I'm gaining weight now, but it's mostly muscle (and chocolate shakes...mmmm). I have no need to talk about my training to others. I used to annoy the hell out of people talking about TKD, or Aikido, or Krav Maga about how bad ass my instructors were, about how I was going to be bad ass one day, and sometimes even about crazy feats of ki that were preformed by some guy I never seen, but someone I know, knew someone who seen it. (This reminds me, I should probably apologize to those people.) Now, when someone asks, or if someone mentions I train, I just say I do some sports. If they push I tell them I box, or wrestle, or do MMA. I try not to let them talk about it unless they are interested in trying it. I just have no desire to mention it. It's like the ego boost I got from knowing some super secret knowledge is gone. "You train at the local krotty place? Cool, I'm learning to channel the power of the universe to throw you on your butt." vs "You train in krotty. That's cool. If you ever want to play, let me know.".

I don't think bjj gave me all that. I think my coaches and training methods did. My current BJJ coach, judo coach, and MMA coach push me, care for me, and have no egos. They are willing to be challenged, push back, play, and get dirty. Their training methods validate what I'm doing every single day. I never thought I'd live to like getting punched in the face, like the feeling of a good leg kick, love that sweet sound that you make just before you pass out from a choke, etc. I crave it, I'm addicted to it, it should probably be illegal. But I've changed more then I ever thought I would.

- Don
Old 07-13-2007, 11:32 PM   #1125
Roman Kremianski
Dojo: Toronto Aikikai
Canada

Good post Don.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!