Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:10 AM   #1
Michael Meister
Dojo: South Hetton
United Kingdom
Aikido makes for cheap nights

Hi folks,
just cleaned up after a party last night. We've been training hard on a course for three days, got some food and booze, had alot of fun and by 11pm we were all happily sleeping.
So if you're ever short on cash, but feel the need to throw a birthday party, combine it with an Aikido course. You need less drink for the same effect, people get up early, and you don't have to stumble over corpse for the whole next day....
Old 04-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
Selnith
Dojo: Cleadon
United Kingdom
Re: Aikido makes for cheap nights

it was a very good course and a great party too, hard to believe we were all asleep/passed out by 11 though, my mam doesn't believe me
Old 04-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
Michael Meister
United Kingdom

Quote:
Krystyna McGurk wrote: View Post
it was a very good course and a great party too, hard to believe we were all asleep/passed out by 11 though, my mam doesn't believe me
Doesn't suprise me, we hardly couldn't believe ourselves, and we were there...
Old 05-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
mut

Dojo: south hetton (Dynamic aikido Nocquet )
United Kingdom

Quote:
Michael Meister wrote: View Post
Doesn't suprise me, we hardly couldn't believe ourselves, and we were there...
i think i was there, i remember being hugged of rienholt discussing busted turbos with dr huber, having a dumb homo style photo taken , being thrown into the bath naked .. talking with the tanks woman and the tank of course...drunken slur with mr green, commenting on miss mcgurks cool ass outfit..........and of course the wheat beer and jagermiester........sh*t man in bed for 11...same again next year.........
Old 05-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
Michael Meister
United Kingdom

Quote:
Lee Southward wrote: View Post
i think i was there, i remember being hugged of rienholt discussing busted turbos with dr huber, having a dumb homo style photo taken , being thrown into the bath naked .. talking with the tanks woman and the tank of course...drunken slur with mr green, commenting on miss mcgurks cool ass outfit..........and of course the wheat beer and jagermiester........sh*t man in bed for 11...same again next year.........
It wasn't only the young lady's outfit, you commented on , mate...
Old 05-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States

Quote:
Lee Southward wrote: View Post
Uh...I'm sorry, could you say that again IN ENGLISH!!!

Just kidding!
Ron

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)
Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #7
Karen Wolek
Dojo: Kingston Aikido
United_States

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post
Uh...I'm sorry, could you say that again IN ENGLISH!!!
Or in American.

Karen
"Try not. Do...or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda
Old 05-04-2007, 07:23 AM   #8
mut

Dojo: south hetton (Dynamic aikido Nocquet )
United Kingdom

Quote:
Karen Wolek wrote: View Post
Or in American.
or in japanese then perhaps we could all understand...in short extreme harmonious drunkanage..which im sure all aikidoka of the world understand and experience, infact i think we are all dan grades at it.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #9
Selnith
United Kingdom

Quote:
It wasn't only the young lady's outfit, you commented on , mate...
what else was he commenting on? please tell me it was no worse than usual.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
Michael Meister
United Kingdom

Quote:
what else was he commenting on? please tell me it was no worse than usual.
No, it wasn't worse than the usual, and it wasn't as interesting as your discussion with Steve. But this isn't the place for both, there might be minors reading...
Old 05-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #11
Selnith
United Kingdom

Quote:
No, it wasn't worse than the usual, and it wasn't as interesting as your discussion with Steve. But this isn't the place for both, there might be minors reading...
i have only vague memories of /that/ conversation, oh well.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:20 AM   #12
Michael Meister
United Kingdom

Quote:
i have only vague memories of /that/ conversation, oh well.
Don't worry, you're not alone there... btw. I told him, your on that goth thingy, so you might catch up on that conversation there...
And you're not on the embarrassing pictures... well other people might find that unfortunate... but that's another story.
And you still haven't told me, what you where doing underneath my sofa...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
Selnith
United Kingdom
Confused Re: Aikido makes for cheap nights

i'm on that goth thingy? which goth thingy? i'm confused, nothing new i know but still, play nice with the innocent little student who's stressing over exams. i'm glad i'm not on any of those pictures, might be a little tricky to explain away, and as for what i got up to under the sofa? i'm no where near that skinny i couldn't get under your sofa without assistance from a hole in the ground, a big hole.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #14
Michael Meister
United Kingdom

Quote:
i'm on that goth thingy? which goth thingy? i'm confused, nothing new i know but still, play nice with the innocent little student who's stressing over exams. i'm glad i'm not on any of those pictures, might be a little tricky to explain away, and as for what i got up to under the sofa? i'm no where near that skinny i couldn't get under your sofa without assistance from a hole in the ground, a big hole.
Thought you were mentioning something about barwenching on a goth thingy on the bank holiday weekend...
As for the sofa, I don't know what or who helped, and somehow, I don't really want to know... there's all kind of weird stuff hiding under sofas, without there being a scientifically satisfying explanation. Maybe there is some kind of black hole, they usually come with sofas anyways (and with washing machines, though they don't eat socks, there is a technical explanation, why they dissappear).
Old 05-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #15
Selnith
United Kingdom

Quote:
Thought you were mentioning something about barwenching on a goth thingy on the bank holiday weekend...
As for the sofa, I don't know what or who helped, and somehow, I don't really want to know... there's all kind of weird stuff hiding under sofas, without there being a scientifically satisfying explanation. Maybe there is some kind of black hole, they usually come with sofas anyways (and with washing machines, though they don't eat socks, there is a technical explanation, why they dissappear).
OH! Infest! right, with you now, he's going? cooooool, it's a cyber goth punk electro music festival which pays for summer school, w00t and the like
as for the disappearing socks there's a monster type thing that eats them (see Hogfather i believe)
Old 05-16-2007, 01:31 PM   #16
Michael Meister
United Kingdom

Quote:
OH! Infest! right, with you now, he's going? cooooool, it's a cyber goth punk electro music festival which pays for summer school, w00t and the like
as for the disappearing socks there's a monster type thing that eats them (see Hogfather i believe)
I don't know, if he's going, but he is considering it. I definitely won't be there. Doesn't sound like my type of music

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!