Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-13-2001, 11:44 AM   #101
Kami
Dojo: ShinToKai DoJo of AiKiDo
Question other people's opinions about USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Chocolateuke
I was wondering what does teh average person in other countries think bout the world trade center being attacked and the pentagon being hit to?
please speak true from your feelings not what you think we want to hear. cause i was just wondering how the average person round the world thinks.
KAMI : "Speaking true from my feelings", I feel that the average person in every country felt sorrow and sympathy for all the innocent people that suffered in that attack.
Opinions about USA involvement in world politics and the possible motivation of the "terrorists" (sic) are quite another problem.
No innocent american deserved to die...
IMO

"We are all teachers, and what we teach is what we need to learn, and so we teach it over and over again until we learn it".
Unknown author

Ubaldo Alcantara
Old 09-14-2001, 02:56 AM   #102
JJF

Dojo: Vestfyn Aikikai Denmark
Denmark
I second Ubaldo's post. For my imidiate response see my post elsewhere. I believe (hope) that no one in their right mind could ever condole this attack on innocent civilians.

- Jørgen Jakob Friis

Inspiration - Aspiration - Perspiration
Old 09-17-2001, 02:38 PM   #103
JCK
Dojo: Aikido School of Central Ohio
It's been an interesting few days here in the United States. I personally knew a person (victim) that was on the flight that crashed in PA. Too many innocent people have already died......we don't need to lose anymore innocent people (and that includes the global community). I think that a lot of people here in America have the feeling that, whatever happens in the future, it probably won't be good.

My condolences to everyone that was or is involved.

Take care of yourselves my friends,

Jeremy

Last edited by JCK : 09-17-2001 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2001, 04:44 AM   #104
ranZ

Dojo: Ki no Kenyukai/Jakarta
Personally i was shocked and horrified watching the WTC collapsed live on TV. A sense of common grief shared by most citizens of the world i believe. But some radical extremists in Indonesia are rooting for Osama. Some says let America eat the fruit of their crimes, etc.

I hate those fanatics and extremists, but in a way i can see what they're really saying. Only now does Americans realize what the real world is like. My country and a whole lot of other countries have suffered those beatings for many many years. Americans as individuals maybe should look outside of America, once in a while (and i don't mean on holidays).

There's this silly story, a foreigner asked a shopkeeper in an electronic shop in NY "Do you sell products from Japan?" shopkeep says "No, only US products." Foreigners continue asking "Do you sell SONY products?" "Ofcourse we do!" answers the shoopkeep.
Old 10-01-2001, 12:59 AM   #105
stealth
Dojo: Ninjitsu (underground dojo)
Quote:
Originally posted by Erik
I won't go into our politics. They suck and our president is an idiot. Make that IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT!
I have to disagree with you. Though several people do see president Bush as an idiot, it is the opposite. He is a fascist with an intelligent political mind. This is what makes him so frightening.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #106
barnaby
United_States
Re: people in other countries

Hello. I have been looking for information on Chidaoba for a long time now and would love to dialogue with you, perhaps off of this forum would be most appropriate. I'm a martial arts instructor with Georgian ancestry and became interested in Georgian wrestling recently. Please let me know if you'd be kind enough to chat. thanks, Barnaby
Old 02-28-2006, 11:25 AM   #107
Taliesin
Re: People in other countries

Going back to the original post I would say US Citizens - are judged far more than citizens of any other country by their President - which is bad news for them at the moment but at least it's something they genuinely can fix.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:06 PM   #108
Dirk Hanss

Dojo: Aikidoschule Trier
Germany
Re: People in other countries

I do not want to judge - of course I do, but not openly here.

I just try to find some aikido parallels.

Amerika currently seems to look like Sokaku Takeda. He had many enemies and he was very violent. Some sources say that he even killed many people. He did not feel guilty and I cannot state, he was.

But it needed Morihei Ueshiba, who recopgnised that the violence did even increase the number of enemies and thus life threats. So he developped a way to fight as effectively as Takeda's Daito Ryu but not destroying or killing opponents, even to see them rather as opponents than enemies and to understand and even protect them as far as possible.

Let us all hope that America is able to turn to an Ueshiba themselves, and does not to live a long life of fear of terror, while feeding the terror even more.

That does not mean that America is worse than an average country, nor that Sokaku Takeda felt more violent than an average man. Only both of them were able to make their anger and violence reality.

And no - not a single person suffered on 9/11 desereved it.

Peace to all

Dirk

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!