Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-06-2005, 02:33 AM   #26
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo
Re: Roadtrip!

If you travel along I-94 through Michigan on your way to or from Chicago you'll pass right through Kalamazoo and Battle Creek. We've got dojo in both and you'd be welcome at both. If you're heading that way drop me a line and I'll hook you up with directions and schedules.

Bronson

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."
Old 04-06-2005, 05:33 AM   #27
Mel Barker
Dojo: University of Louisville Aikido Club
United_States

Hello John,

Your trip sounds like great fun. I've often thought of doing aiki exchanges where I'd put up someone for a week and then they could host me.

Another idea of mine is Aiki vacations. Since I'm in Louisville, I've thought of hosting people around Derby time so they could work out and see the Kentucky Derby.

This year, I've trained in 15 different dojos since I started a job the requires travel. It has been very fun and rewarding.

You are certainly welcome in Louisville, if passing through. I'm looking forward to your updates. Please check my PM to you as well.

Mel Barker
Old 04-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #28
John Matsushima

United_States
AikiBlog has started!

Thank you everyone for your posts and for your hospitality. I have gotten quite a few messages and emails from people inviting us to various dojos, and I am very grateful. I have begun our AikiBlog called Our Aikido Journey . I have just begun with an intoduction. We will depart for our trip on April 20th, and will make entries as often as we can along the way. I hope to stop by as many dojos as we can, and we look forward to meeting some of you along the way.

-John Matsushima
Old 04-09-2005, 10:26 AM   #29
tacgroup1
Dojo: The Toyoda Center
United_States

Great idea John!

As Bronson mentioned, if you are up Michigan way and have trained in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, keep heading Northwest to Grand Rapids and we would love to train with you. We have 2 great Aikido dojos here within 5 miles of each other and you would be welcome at both. We have full live-in facilities and you are more than welcome to stay as long as you like.

Aiki on...

www.toyodacenter.com
Old 04-09-2005, 01:09 PM   #30
giriasis
Dojo: Sand Drift Aikikai, Cocoa Florida
United_States

We always welcome visitors. If you stop off in Ft. Lauderdale on your way to miami you can find us at www.floridaaikikai.com . We're located on U.S. 1 (Federaly Highway) between Sunrise and Broward. You can take either the Sunrise or Broward Blvd exits to get to Federal Highway.

In Miami, you will find an awesome group of people at Gold Coast Aikikai www.aikikai.com and Miami Aikikai www.miamiaikikai.com.

Anne Marie Giri
Old 04-12-2005, 11:31 AM   #31
rulemaker
Dojo: Aikido Philippines
Philippines

What an aikido trip you are planning! I was in the United States last year for two months and my only regret was that I was not able to practice aikido in any of the dojos out there because of my family's insistence that we prioritize all the tourist spots first before I can practice aikido. It was really frustrating to know that I was only a few blocks away from the New York Aikikai, Bond Street Dojo, Shobukan Dojo in Washington D.C., and etc. What is worse is that I actually visited the following cities (Atlantic City, New York City, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Orlando, Boston, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Seattle) during my trip and I never got the chance to practice aikido at all.

Mel
Old 04-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #32
SteveTrinkle
Dojo: Aikido Kenkyukai International
United_States

Hello,
Your trip sounds wonderful. I hope you will perhaps post some photos of your trip sometime. What a nice documentary video this would make.

I would like to extend an invitation to visit our dojo if it fits your travel plans. We are in Pennsylvania, about 45 minutes north of Philadelphia. We're a small club and Saturdays are usually the most fun to train. Also Saturdays are when Kirisawa Sensei teaches.

In any event, bon voyage! I look forward to reading about your adventures.

Cheers,
Steve Trinkle
Aikido Kenkyukai
North Wales, PA
www.aikidokenkyukaipennsylvania.org
Old 04-12-2005, 09:15 PM   #33
Janet Rosen
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Hi! Well, it is true that there are lots of dojo in and around San Francisco. I would love to welcome you to City Aikido, where I train, and if time permits, to also accompany you to other local dojos.

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield
Old 04-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #34
Qatana

Dojo: Aikido of Petaluma, Petaluma,CA

And if you do come to SF and visit with Janet, I will come along,too! And you're also welcome at our tiny dojo in Petaluma, but not after a day in the Wine Country!

Q
http://www.aikidopetaluma.com/
www.knot-working.com

"It is not wise to be incautious when confronting a little smiling bald man"'- Rule #1
Old 04-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #35
Sue Trinidad
Dojo: Island Aikido
United_States

What a cool idea!

There are a zillion dojo in and around Seattle, but if you feel like a ferry ride, our dojo (Island Aikido) is on Bainbridge Island, and our sister dojo (Kitsap Aikido) is about 30 minutes away in Poulsbo. Both are full of swell people and happy to have visitors.

Travel safe!

sue
Old 04-26-2005, 10:35 AM   #36
John Matsushima

United_States

Hello again, everyone! We are now on our road trip. We already stopped at Memphis and San Antonio, and are now on our way to Santa Fe, NM. We are having a great time. For details, check out our Aiki Blog titled "My Aikido Journey". We look forward to meeting some of you soon! Until next time....
Old 04-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #37
MikeLogan

United_States

If in your travels you should find yourself travelling along I-90 In western NY, there are two places you'd no doubt be welcome.

One is a relatively new dojo (aikikai) in Rochester NY, where I train

Another is AIkido of Central NY, a group I recently found to be excruciatingly hospitable

and as you mentioned DC, I must suggest my original aikido experience at:
www.capitalaikiai.org It is readily mapquestable from the website, and is a sizeable bunch of good people, at least on weekends.

Enjoy your trip. I will PM you the details of the ny locations.

Smooth roads and high fuel efficiency!

michael.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:05 PM   #38
gabe
Dojo: Shoshin Aikido Montreal / Montreal, QC
Canada

When you hit San Diego, stop by Sunset Cliffs Aikido http://www.sunsetcliffsaikido.com/
We are a block away from the beach!
Old 05-11-2005, 12:43 PM   #39
Melissa Fischer
Dojo: Tenzan Aikido/Seattle Holistic Center

In Seattle, stop in to Tenzan dojo at the Seattle Holistic Center slightly north of downtown. We have classes every day of the year and seminars usually once a month. Nobody's a stranger here!

www.tenzanaikido.com

Ask for Melissa and we'll hit the nearest Starbucks!

If you go to Phoenix, train at Arizona Aikido (ASU/Aikikai) Style

wish I was going...

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!