View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #31
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
Off course your tone and language have nothing to do with it right? We can throw throw Pathos and Ethos right out the window.
Again you lump me in with everybody else I would bet the house that if this discussion were done 'fact to face" we would reach a better understanding....

I understand your point of view...But I think you should look in the mirror... It won't be me staring back at you. I have offered to make a connection with you here... accept my ignorance... and give you the opportunity to teach and you have chosen to step on me and use me as a soapbox to complain about 'certain portions of the Aikido" community...ect ect ect....
OK, so again no facts, but a lot of personality stuff. I'm well aware that a lot of people want to play some sort of ritual "us warriors in Aikido with our Hagakure etiquette" stuff and that it's offensive if someone doesn't want to play. Maybe a good discussion that merits debate; but not here and now. You've started a loop going where you have vague non-answers tied in with personal attack again. Instead of worrying about how anyone looks in the mirror, try to do the hard stuff and stick to facts, physical principles, and so on. If someone doesn't like you because you're not playing the proper role-playing games, you can still be satisfied that you're having a productive and factual discussion.

FWIW

Mike Sigman