View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #86
lbb
United_States
Re: why do people search outside Aikido for IS?

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
now that you mentioned it, i have always been wondering why the Mona Lisa doesn't look quite right. the grass skirt should be ok, but wouldn't coconut bra be uncomfortable and scratchy? is that with or without under-wire support?
The scratchy part is on the outside. No underwires needed, that's the beauty of the coconut bra.

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
i was wondering if a person can be in the two groups at the same time, as in, Group 3: all of the above. as in, i go outside of aikido for stuffs in order to have everything i need inside aikido?
Oh sure, but I think the reference was to the two groups who participate most enthusiastically in this debate, and who seem to have this mutual incomprehension block.

I guess you could say that my perspective is of someone who understands that there are only 24 hours in a day, and who doesn't put any of the goals articulated in this or other threads at the top of my list. There's nothing wrong with them, but I've got wood to stack and a garden to put to bed for the winter. I've got a job that I want to keep, and in order to do that, I have to make sure my company does well, and in order to do THAT, I've got to put in more than just a token appearance at work. IMO, it's part of being a grownup. No, you don't get to have everything you could possibly want. No matter how much money or talent or resources you have, you still only have 24 hours in the day. You can go inside or outside and chase all the rabbits you want...but when you get to a certain point in life, you look at the perfectly good rabbit in your hand, and decline to go off chasing after the rabbit in that field over there on the vague suspicion (or even the enthusiastic endorsement of others) that it might be better.