View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #340
Chris Parkerson
Dojo: Academy of the Martial Arts
United_States
Re: My Spiritual Aikido.

Quote:
Rich Hobbs wrote: View Post
I'd respectfully suggest that perhaps your intuition and face reading isn't, in this case, reliable; with myself you'd conclude that I'm always eating or am particularly stupid from my photos which would be... oh... well, not everyone is as clear to read

I don't see it as trying to corner someone; if someone continually asserts a point other are also free to assert their contrasting or supporting points. That there may be more making one point than another is something you can make many different judgements on the meaning of based on your knowledge of the subject matter and/or the individuals. The less information you have, the harder it is to rely upon that intuitive judgement.

I'm not sure Graham is carrion; the image of declaring all people commenting on the subject not on Graham's "side", if sides there are, as buzzards is one carrying unfair imagery.

Graham frequently points out things such as "no one understands" or words to that effect; for someone to make their own observations that are less sweeping and more directed is as valid and my preference is for specifics rather than broad brush strokes.

There are many "good" things that could come of this, at worst I see a lot more talking that doesn't get us anywhere. But it passes the time until training at least
Hi Rick,

I actually wrote no conclusions or interpretations regarding my "reading" of Dan's face lines. You may be projecting. Nonetheless, I and Dan agreed to "let it go". I hope all can honor that agreement.

As to the imagery, I called it as I saw it. I do not know hardly any of you folks and I have several times taken long hiatus from this site.. I wonder how newcomers or outsiders interpret these behaviors?

I agree that Graham's brush strokes are often vague and his style elusive.

Be well,

Chris