View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #48
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Video definitions, "Aiki" and other terms.

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post

Well, understood, Greg - and if you get vetted as someone that's got the goods and making progress leaps and bounds with this stuff, believe me I'll line up with everyone else to figure out how to apply that approach.
Not sure what you mean by vetted, and no one makes progress by leaps and bounds in this stuff, but just for the record, I have trained with Dan (and I am still training with Dan when I can) and although I am not 'vetted' by him, I have been told I have strong mental intent; which I have already stated elsewhere was simply an application of extending ki as I was taught in the ki society (which I believe led to your original question to me) - and to the best of my recollection, I was not told to stop that. Actually, I was told to quit being lazy and to do more.

Quote:
As for progressing down the path of life - it happens and you ride the wave as best you can . . I'd bet that there's lots of folks that are sure they know it all in their 20s, 30s, and 40s and even past their mid 50s . . for the same or different reasons.
No one said anything about knowing it all - my comment was simply as you got older, opinion and approvals from others meant a whole lot less to you.

Quote:
Well, that I can't argue with, I just get issues around the notion of a belief system as compared to "working with intention, checking results, level setting, etc" . . and it could just be me or semantics or interpretations. .but I think part of the roots of these discussions are around how "this stuff" works and what you can demonstrate as opposed to what you believe. I don't disagree that intention/imagery has a powerful connection to the process . . but then there's a basic body conditioning process (lots of work and sweat) to then be able to manifest that intention into measurable and observable action.
Who said anything about a belief system? I simply stated you needed to believe in Tohei's explanation of ki to make his system work as it was taught to us.

As I believe was mentioned in other posts by Dan and Mike, they stated (paraphrase here) that Tohei had the right approach to IS, but that he did not take it to the next level. I believe that and I also believe that Dan and Mike have methods that do take it to the next level and that is why I too have taken my training to the next level with Dan - and no one said that there was not any body conditioning aspects with a lot of work and sweat - actually, after one of Dan's sessions, all you got is an aching body and a lot of sweat.

I am a little puzzled by your obvious tone of condemnation towards my training approach to IS. All I did was answer your question related to how I extend ki. I am starting to think you set me up with a bit of troll here. If you think I am full of it, just state so, as I mentioned, I could care less of your, or anyone's opinion in this area that I do not currently train with. Actually, based on past experience with you, I never did expect you to agree with it anyway and was reluctant to share it at first, but I thought why not, it just may be of interest to someone.