View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #34
NagaBaba

Re: Kokyu Nage techniques do they work?

Quote:
Robert John wrote:
Any average guy will figure out how to resist locks aftter a couple of years. Try those "strong locks" on any submission guy and see how far it gets you
The point of practice the strong locks isn't competition, but to develop precise technique.

Quote:
Robert John wrote:
There's a point at which practicing that way simply develops bad habits. I remember a couple of Iwama guys that were rock solid in terms of conditioning over at Abe Sensei's place that couldn't hold me down, nor could they affect me during the drills(if I didnt want them to).
Looks like you like competition very much. Why not to try sports? Why you must prove to others that you are far superior and 'they can't hold you down' while doing aikido?
I think you are heading in wrong direction, but I'm not your teacher of course.

Quote:
Robert John wrote:
Actually, I think there are shortcuts. I'd say the proof is in the making at some select schools

O sensei, Takeda, Sagawa, all of them spent years searching for ...what?
I don't think they reached their level by doing some 'body work'. They had a solid background on jj. This background is lacking in todays aikido.
Higher level training is usefull only to very skilled advanced half-aiki-gods. In my opinion you create yourself full of illusions if you think you can do shortcuts.Specialy if you incorporate some kind of strange 'competition-mind'.

Nagababa

ask for divine protection Ame no Murakumo Kuki Samuhara no Ryuo