View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #226
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Strength vs Ki.

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
Well, if you think in terms of evaluating someone as a teacher, then it makes all kinds of sense - how is it selfish?

If you think that someone who ought to be discussed isn't - why not bring then up?

Then - who did he produce that was better than he was?

Best,

Chris
Three valid points so I will address them.

Selfish: If I evaluate my teacher or boss or anyone purely on the basis of what's good for me then yes I am being selfish. Now when I say self determined and compare it to selfish then here is the difference I mean:

If such a friend or boss or teacher is behaving beligerantly, arrogantly, or destructively towards others then I can A) Tell him his behaviour concerns me, show my dissapproval (self determined) or B) Dismiss it and say it's nothing to do with me or even defend it(selfish)

Secondly: Someone being discussed who isn't. My point is that if using ones who couldn't understand what was being said as a prime example or to use as the basis of so called reason is blatantly stupid. If choosing such a route then those who did understand would have to be compared and contrasted with at the same time or else the whole line of reason is a farce.

Who did he produce who was better than him? Is that a criteria?

Wow, I wish it was. It's one of my favourites. I am the only person I know who openly states such a thing about self. I have NEVER found anyone yet who understands this let alone believe it.

Regards.G.