View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #321
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Training Internal Strength

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post
Erick, without getting into a scientific debate regarding your understanding of how internal strength works - I'd say that how the physical forms of both sets of movements is powered (conditioned pressures managing the movement of limbs directed by opposing forces inside you) is the same . . think a bit more about "what" causes the limbs to move. I'm not accepting "shear" as the answer, either
Fair enough, the "what" is the thing, after all, that the exercises only point to. I agree both are powered. Let me work with you on our respective definitions, because I think we are not so far apart.

"Conditioned pressures" is what I would describe as "stresses," or if you prefer, "managed stresses." Now, I would understand those stresses in a certain way.

How would you understand them, assuming for purposes of the discussion we are both seeing the same things in these examples? How do you describe them when trying to discuss them ? How are the forces opposed ?

I ask these to make a point about your statement above that may help our discussion, but I would prefer to have your understanding, rather than imposing my own, or at least so you do not perceive me to impose terminology you are not comfortable applying in this way.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.