View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #199
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: The fact that you believe a nuclear plant can explode....

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
What's a "local area" where nuclear plants are concerned?

We're getting radiation from Fukushima here in Alabama. France and Germany were radiated (and are still contaminated) by fall-out from Chernobyl.

Where nuclear plants are concerned, there is no such thing as a "local area." We're all in the "local area".

Unfortunately.

David
Granted David. However that is after the event. If you think my idea through and put people like yourself on the body in charge of making as sure as possible that no leaks or catastrophes would happen then possibly that is the wy foreward.

So I ask you to stop on your 'crusade' for just a minute or two and see what such a board would lead to. With peiple like yourself and others on this thread I'm sure you would come up with all the various necessary actions such a place would have to conform to.

By connecting with others from vaeious fields, as would be your job, the direction would be to safer and safer.

Remember, this is all based on if they are to be kept or built.

Remember also that I believe 99% of all industrial 'accidents' are down to bad maintainence. This being due to short term economic considerations and the belief that maintainence is a 'cost' and therefore non profitable. Precisely what the body would make happen instead.

Who knows, maybe such a body would come up with rule that no nuclear plant can operate unless they discover a solution to radiation. Or even they could force the government to set up and fund research to such an end.

I remember seeing a video on the net once about a group of people in the U.S. who have built a whole industrial complex that can handle all waste known to man. I wonder if anyone knows of this here for I forgot what it was called.

The technology used was a super heat technology, like laser, I'm sure you or someone would have the correct terminology. Anyway to my understanding it thus melted or turned to gas all physical waste and then all the different gasses and liquids were thus redirected and syphoned off into gas cylinders etc ready for use.

99% green and world waste problem solved. Apparently they were pushing congress but bumping into vested interests.

I don't know if radiation can be used for anything useful or even changed into something useful. Everyone believes it can't but has there ever been a scientist who said it could?

Anyway, more thoughts only.

Regards.G.