View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #176
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
Re: The fact that you believe a nuclear plant can explode....

I'm left pretty much where I began with this topic. I sift through my second and third-hand data and the only thing I've gained is reinforcement for the idea that radio-active materials (and their subsequent businesses) are dangerous and that people/businesses aren't to be trusted. This still doesn't suggest to me that fission or fusion energy efforts are too dangerous to work toward...only that the hoi polloi better focus more on education and direct participation in civic issues. Most of us are too busy wondering how we're going to swing that newest iPhone or find a job that pays a lot than with investigating the deeper ramifications of, well, damn near anything else.
...Not sure how this adds to the conversation exactly, but that's what my mind has to say about it...for whatever it's worth.
Thank you folks for such an information rich conversation. I've enjoyed reading it so much that it's prompted me to revisit the topic anew (I studied some of this stuff in high school and college).
Take care,
Matt

Gambarimashyo!