View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 03:31 AM   #25
Michael Varin
Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: Anderson the Spider Silva

Anderson Silva is definitely a cut above most UFC fighters.

He is getting to be Roy Jones Jr.-esque.

In my opinion what he is doing, though I don't fully understand it and think that it may be largely due to inherent ability, is much more impressive than "internal" stuff.

The truth is accurate strikes (between the chin and temples) that you don't see coming will be KOs every time.

He has mastered timing and distance and his mind is always utterly calm regardless of the body language he is displaying.

I used to be a huge Roy Jones Jr. fan back when he was in his prime. Frankly, he had this quality in a higher degree than Silva, but they both appear to be one move ahead of their opponents.

Personally, I believe Silva would defeat Machita, but it would be an interesting fight.

And no offense to anybody, but Anderson Silva would destroy Rob John. . . and no comparison can be made between kicks thrown in a fight and those on a pad being held by someone who is outweighed by ~30 pounds.

-Michael
"Through aiki we can feel the mind of the enemy who comes to attack and are thus able to respond immediately." - M. Mochizuki