View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 07:19 AM   #2
DaveO
Dojo: Great Wave Aikido
Canada
Bruce, the 'Ignore' button doesn't have anything to do with Aikido. It has to do with the attitudes of the people on this forum, which can be far different then their attitudes on the mat. People who write rude, insulting messages deserve to be ignored, so do those who actively try to disrupt honest threads on the forum. Neither of these apply here, I was just trying to set the stage.

If a person gets ignored by many users, it's a sure bet that that person should take a look at his own post to discover why he's insulting/annoying them.

I'm currently ignored by one person. I wish I knew who it was and why I was ignored, so I could either apologise or explain my position.

I know you don't see it youself, Bruce, but to many people on the forum, your posts appear to be pretentious, pompous and insultingly condecending at times. You often have a seriously 'holier than thou' attitude in your posts that make people's hair stand on end. That's a shame, since you often have some very good points, once the reader slices through the superior philosopical ramblings. THAT's the reason people are ignoring you, not for any imagined lack of 'aikido principles', although if you wish to look at such principles, once again I'd look at your own posts first before throwing stones.

Personally, I don't have you or anyone 'Ignored', I never will. I don't particularly like reading your posts (sorry, Bruce, but this IS a time of total honesty), but you have a lot of good to say; it's not WHAT you say, it's how you say it.

I'm willing to bet that in real life, you're nothing like your image on the forum, so why not quit preaching and just talk? If you want to preach, perhaps you could start with: "Friends, I'm going to preach on this one..." Stop taking yourself so seriously in your posts; everyone involved - you and your readers - will have a better time for it.

This is all, of course, my opinion. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but you did ask; sometimes (and I hope this is one of them) being blunt is the best policy.

Dave

Answers are only easy when they're incomplete.