Old 09-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #15
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Did aikido ever fail you?

Quote:
Edward Karaa wrote: View Post
Thanks Erik and Peter for your replies.

Since there are no posts about aikidoka who have been attacked, tried to defend themselves using aikido, and failed, I can assume the following reasons:

1. Aikidoka are never attacked or get involved in fights.
2. Aikido always works.
3. Aikidoka don't like to mention their failures.
4. They just simply died in the attack.

And Peter, I think there is a big difference between dojo training and real life threats. I think the immediate danger and the adrenaline would create a situation where you become very alert and wouldn't mind harming your attacker in any possible way.

Cheers,
Edward
Never failed me.......yet. Been in a few, actually many, real life situations. To me and for me it was all part of training. So......So far it's always worked. Plus for those I have taught it has always worked.

Being of a mind that Aikido is much much better than many realize I too believe aikidoka along with many others may not wish to promote their failures but each time would be due to not doing Aikido.

Now add to that that I also have the view that a person studying and committing themselves to a martial art of any description should aim to be great at it and have faith in it and in so doing will be it and it will serve them well.

Peace.G.