View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #14
tuturuhan
United_States
Re: The Uke, Compliance and Qi

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post
I don't know about ridicule, but criticism is certainly *not* part of "eating bitter". Trying to lighten it with humor also should not be considered "eating bitter". Sounds nice, but it misses the point, in my opinion.

We all make critical decisions every moment of every day. It is the nature of discourse to ask questions, give opinions, take advice, etc. That should not be construed as negative, unless, of course, it gets personal. To critique ideas is not personal. To question ideas is not personal. We (including myself) should all be open to others disagreeing with our opinions, and seeking the best value in the market place of ideas. That means sorting through the various opinions, facts, and other information with a descriminating mind to find the best determination we can make at any point in time. Sometimes, that means I have to change my mind about an issue. But that is what discourse is for.

Best,
Ron(this reply is to this thread, it is not personal)
Ron,

Hehehehehe

Everything is personal. No one is truly objective. The experimenter affects the double blind experiment no matter how much his attempts to be objective.

Words do hurt. A bully is a bully whether physical, intellectual or spiritual. But, the good guys roll with the punches. I'm not so good. I have a tendency to let my temper flare. I have a tendency to hit first.

Though, I have found it interesting that some people have told a bodyguard, an owner of a nationally known security firm, a world traveler, a success at marriage, an owner of property that he doesn't know what he is doing.

Chris is well over 6'2 inches. Guarantied, if he "hit" you you'd go down. How do I know...I have seen him "hit". Yet, he rolls with the punches.

IMO credence to a critics opinion "should be based" on the experience and knowledge of the critic. Can the guy fight? You have people that do...and then you have people that criticize.

Nonetheless we push. But, we should be careful on how our criticisms reflect our own dreams.

Sincerely
Joseph T. Oliva Arriola

Joseph T. Oliva Arriola