Thread: Feeling
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #28
Carl Thompson

Japan
Re: Feeling

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
Of course he can speak for himself, and I hope he'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he wants a logical explaination for why you seem to claim to understand what other folks do without having any direct experience; given the idea that "it must be felt," but without feeling it.
No need for correction. That's the crux of what I'm asking Graham to do. Thanks.

Graham, I would be grateful if you could answer me this time in a simple survey-form. There are only 5 questions which shouldn't take more than a minute to answer. I apologise that a few strictly "yes" or "no" answers are required but in common with many surveys, I'll leave a space at the end for extra comments. If you have to skip a question because you can't answer "yes" or "no" you can explain why there.

Note: I'm specifically aiming this survey-formatted info-request at the OP. However as long as it doesn't take over the thread, I think it would still be on topic if others wanted to answer it too (except for question 4 which is aimed specifically at Graham).

Carl

Short "In Thread" Survey:

Q1: Do you believe it when people associated with the I.P. (Internal Power) and "Aiki" phenomenon on this forum claim "it has to be felt" (IHTBF) in order to understand it?
Yes/No (delete one)

Q2: Can you prove one way or the other if they are right or wrong about their claim that IHTBF?
Yes/No (delete one)

Q3: Regardless of your answer to the previous question, please indicate how you can prove IHTBF right or wrong one way or the other: (select any that apply in order of preference -- delete any that do not apply)
  • Direct hands on training (feeling)
  • Indirect training (e.g.:training with someone who has trained directly with them)
  • Written material (e.g.: Aikiweb posts, books)
  • DVDs/Blu-ray
  • Psychic Powers
  • Other (please indicate a category - if explanation is necessary, use Q5)
(If you are Graham, please continue to Q4. Otherwise, go to Q5.)

Q4 (for Graham Only): Does the "recent phenomena" you initially described as being "standard to my aikido from day one" refer to the same phenomenon that Dan Harden and others described?
Yes / No

Q5. Do you have any other comments?

Last edited by Carl Thompson : 01-26-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Formatting