View Single Post
Old 05-02-2002, 11:38 AM   #14
Kami
Dojo: ShinToKai DoJo of AiKiDo
Unhappy AIKI GRANDPA...

Quote:
Originally posted by ca
I understand how you could hear harsh criticism of your sensei in Kami's words, but that's because you're new to the forum...I don't know what Kami does, but I think of him as an Aiki historian, you will find his posts often to be extremely factual, and often related to minute details of history and linege that put lazy fools like me to sleep (that is sleeping, not ignoring ).
KAMI : Hell, Coleen, you made me feel like an old crusty curmudgeon... I have to improve my writing if I don't want people to see me as excessively factual and just concerned with minute details of things like lineage and history. (Heavens, I feel like an ancient and senile University History Professor. You did that to me, Colleen! )
As for the rest, you're absolutely right. The most important thing is for us to help one another.
And by the way, before I became an invalid, I practiced Taekwondo (Moo Duk Kwan) and Hapkido (Kuk Sool Woon), with some study of Judo and Karate (Wado Ryu). My son is an Aikido Sensei and I help him in his dojo. I was also a director of a local Aikido association for quite some time. I have friends and I participate in the activities of many groups here (Karate, Capoeira, Kung Fu, etc...). I believe most of that information is in my profile. Presently, I'm researching Budo's History and Traditions. Far from a Stanley Pranin, I'm afraid but it's already killing me...
Best

Last edited by Kami : 05-02-2002 at 11:51 AM.

"We are all teachers, and what we teach is what we need to learn, and so we teach it over and over again until we learn it".
Unknown author

Ubaldo Alcantara