View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #129
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: New Internal Style of The Wooden Staff

Quote:
George S. Ledyard wrote: View Post
Wow! That's great. I had no idea it was close enough for you to get to without major inconvenience. It will be fun... Can Ron come too or is he tied up> I'd love to meet him sometime as well.

I'll look forward to seeing you... thanks for letting me know. Does Marc know you'll be there? Anyway, see you then!
- George
Congratulations George. It's a pleasure to witness good endings and progress.
I feel this scene about Tenyu is maybe an issue to some but in the great scheme of things it's more of a non issue. As you say often Karma. If Tenyu breaks the rules, ie: uses or portrays his art in a way that gives the impression he is an Aikibojitsu practitioner he will no doubt suffer the consequences.

If he is, as it seems, far too short of experience to teach then life has a way of kicking you in the teeth. I'm sure you've met many who go around saying they are this and that and unerringly bump into someone who gives them lets say 'a lesson' they won't forget.
If he happens to be excellent then he has plenty of work to do and eventually people will be surprised and he will have learned much. I find anyone who is misguided as to their ability is not really a danger to others but only to themselves on the whole and thus they learn the hard way.

May I say while I'm here I loved your reply to Mary as it also helped me with my view on Ip and indeed those of you who use it.

Up to now I have held the view it's all in Aikido anyway and for me and some others it is. However for many it appears it is missing from their particular curriculum and so they have a right to seek it wherever they find it.

In your reply to Mary I finally realized that it wasn't a case of being led into other arts as superior to Aikido. I thought it was a case of people being led away from what I could see they loved doing. This indeed was my misconception. So thank you for that.

When I think about it it's no different from what O'Sensei did himself, if he wanted to learn some aspect or other he went out and did so.

On this matter my cup is now empty.

Regards. G.