View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #49
Janet Rosen

Re: Misogi - The diet part

Quote:
Andrea Curtis wrote: View Post
I have been diagnosed with diabetes months ago. The main reason i guess was that i was heavily eating white rice almost every meal. Now i stopped eating it and switched to brown rice. But i don't eat it regularly as before.
Brown rice glycemic index is somewhat better than white rice but actually you'd be better off with pasta.
May I respectfully suggest you look at research on connection between animal fat and cellular resistance to insulin uptake? I had gained some weight and developed borderline blood sugars (HbA1c was 6.4. My doctor recommended I try a vegan, no concentrated sweets lifestyle involving no carb counting. I shed weight easily, eat my fill, and in under four months my HbA1c was 5.6. Spot checks of fasting and post prandial sugars show ongoing normal levels.

I understand this is not a way many people choose to live (many of the senior for whom I'm a community case management nurse are type two diabetics and not one has wanted to make major changes - and I have a strict no-nagging policy). But it certainly merits your attention and consideration.
Best of luck to you.

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield