View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 11:08 PM   #32
Misogi-no-Gyo
...I used to believe that to be a Shihan in aikido, you needed to be a master of Aikido.

...I used to believe that when you practiced aikido, that only Morihei Ueshiba was O-Sensei.

...I used to believe that O'Sensei was an Irishman.

…I used to believe that the title of Sensei came after the teacher's name.

...I used to believe that you didn't spend 10 years practicing an art, rather you spent 10 years seeking a true master.

...I used to believe that a Master accepted you as a student, not the other way around.

...I used to believe that Aikido had something to do with Omoto-Kyo. Then I found out it is the the other way around.

...I used to think that Misogi had something to do with Aikido. See above note about Omoto-Kyo.

…I used to believe that Daito-Ryu was a powerful martial art, and that Aikido came from it.

...I used to believe O-Sensei knew what he was talking about, but somehow everyone keeps changing it to make it better, I guess.

...I used to believe that Aikido was a Japanese Martial art.

...I used to believe in "KI". Then I believed in "Kokyu". Then I didn't believe that they were the same thing, especially when people who talk about KI are really referring to Kokyu. Then Abe Sensei explained the relationship between these two things to me. Now I can't figure out which comes first the KI or the Kokyu... Anyone?

...I used to believe that I would live in Japan, speak fluent Japanese, have a Japanese family, wear kimono and getta all day and run my own dojo. One out of five aint bad, right?

...I used to believe that mastering Aikido was important. Now I believe that practicing it is.

...I used to believe that throwing a person without touching them was going to take a lifetime to understand. Now that I can do it, I still don't understand it.

Last edited by Misogi-no-Gyo : 04-04-2003 at 11:20 PM.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.