View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:49 AM   #148
Dennis Hooker
Dojo: Shindai Dojo, Orlando Fl.
Red face Re: Ueshiba Morihei's power

Have you never faced a skilled budo man who seemed to know what you were going to do before you did it? It is discomforting and at the same time a bit joyful knowing that someday you too may achieve that skill with diligent training. Have you ever known what someone close to you was going to say before they said it or do something before they did it? Maybe these senses can be developed or perhaps some people are born with a heightened sense of intuitiveness. Of course there are always those people that think and say "if I can't do it, it can't be done".
I am at a point now after 50 years of training that allows me the skill of moving a bit so that when punched at or grabbed the attacker is unbalanced and since their body follows their balance they fall. To the uninitiated eye it is purple smoke and mirrors to those in the know it is 50 years of training, learning and hard work. Does this work every time with everyone? Of course not but I can just get another 50 years it might. I am a slow learner.

Dennis Hooker: (DVD) Zanshin and Ma-ai in Aikido
https://www.createspace.com/238049

www.shindai.com