View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
PhillyKiAikido

Dojo: Philadelphia Ki-Aikido / New Jersey Ki Society
United_States
Re: "51 years of Aikido: how the art has progress" Terry Pierce (7th Dan Ki Society)

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
I've never met him, so I can't say that what he's doing is the same as what the "internal power" advocates are doing. Of course, he can't say that either, unless he's met them, and the above seems to imply that he hasn't.

The "we already do it" answer seems pretty common - in people who haven't actually met up with those guys yet. I will say that I've trained with a lot of Ki Society people - all the way up to the top, and it didn't seem to me like the same thing at all, although there are, of course, overlaps and similarities.

Best,

Chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for your input. I have to admit that I don't know much about the popular "Internal Power". My understanding is that it refers to the training of Ki/Chi/Qi/internal energy, no matter how they are described. If that's not the case, I apologize for my ignorance, then I would question why it's called "internal".

Since you have exposed to both, I wonder if you can do me a big favor to make a comparision of the two, the similarity and difference both in forms/training methods and in nature. That would be a good education for me, you can either post here or PM me.

BTW, thanks for the great work for organizing the Aikido Celebration 2011.

Thanks!

Ting