View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #32
Carsten Möllering

Dojo: Hildesheimer Aikido Verein
Germany
Re: The Essence of Training

Quote:
Carina Reinhardt wrote: View Post
Maybe Carsten, but think that life is so short, ...
I think the whole life lies in every given second. So life isn't short but it is now. It is in every moment.
And I don't think I have to or want to enjoy life but I have to and want to fill it, to live it.

Quote:
... you must try to enjoy aikido as well as your work ...
I'm doing neither my job nor aikido to enjoy them. But I chose both because I think it is the "right" way for me, to fill my live, to give it a sense, to not waist my time on earth ... to live my live.

Quote:
... and taking care of your family.
This is very interesting to me:
My "patchwork" family (does this term exist in english?) is like a network that holds me, gives me power, enrichens me. I always experienced "familiy" as people who take care of me and not the other way round. And because we all take care of another, there are a whole lot of possibilities for everyone of us.

Quote:
So even if you train very hard aikido, you should enjoy it.
Wel, hard training indeed is very enjoyable.
But when you live aikido for some time, a lot of conflicts emerge, there moments to cry because this or that happens, there are times when you have to make hard decissions, to leave someone or something behind.
I seldom see my now teacher, I have to take care for myself. There are questions among us higher graded students. and so on.
At the moment we try to get a dojo for ourselves, for our aikido-club.
My former teacher tried to make this dream come true in 1998 and the club split. Some years ago I left this teacher.
Now it is me to try to give our club a own dojo ...

All that said:
Yes, you are right!
I enjoy very much living live this way.

Last edited by Carsten Möllering : 01-18-2011 at 10:57 AM.