View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 04:34 AM   #68
creinig
Dojo: Yoshinkan Würzburg
United Nations
Re: SD Question - Pizza Parlor Attack

Quote:
Jean de Rochefort wrote:
Again, it's the business owners business. If you don't like people cutting the line, go somewhere else. If every business allows people to cut the line and you don't like it, start your own pizza shop where you'll take care of people who cut the line.
I can't see any problem with the shop owner's behaviour. There was no immediate reaction at the start -- at least no visible one. Maybe she said something, maybe she was busy with something else at the time. When the line-cutter got "out of line" (forgive me the pun), she was reprimanded. And then Bubba came in. At that point the store owner had the choice between either (a) getting back behind the counter or (b) seriously risk getting beaten to a pulp herself. I'd say she acted exactly right.

If you want to boycott shops because their owners don't like being hospitalized for you, fine. I think that's a bit excessive though

(Note: I don't think you suggest that, so please don't take it personally. I just thought it had to be said, and this seemed like the best place.)