View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 02:29 AM   #2
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
Re: Martin Luther King, Jr and O Sensei

Quote:
Nathan Masse-Foster wrote: View Post
On the days following the information of the death of Bin Laden.... i found the quote

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."-Martin Luther King, Jr

how do you think the conversation between O Sensei and Martin Luther King Jr would go or look like on the views of humanity

then ask yourself how did you feel the first time you heard the news ?

regards

Max
Martial virtues Courage..Justice..Wisdom..Benevolence yep i am still working on them!
Funny that I was reminded of this quote a little earlier today and in the same context. I'll admit I was happy, sad, and even somewhat indifferent. There's a lot to sift through in situations like this. I'm a firm believer in caring about your enemies and I dislike that I can be happy someone died. Then again, people like him seem almost like a breed apart.
You might say this represents an ongoing love-hate relationship I have with the human condition.
I'm still working on understanding and developing virtue.
Take care,
Matt