View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #38
Tony Wagstaffe
United Kingdom
Re: Is Aikiweb an open Aikido Forum ? Or is it a

Quote:
Pauliina Lievonen wrote: View Post
Yes, when children are involved I think it's important for adults to step in a protect them even just from words. But the most effective way to do that I think would probably be to confront and deal with the bullies in real life.

I don't think the disagreements on Aikiweb go so far that I would call them online bullying though. And everyone involved as far as I know is quite grown up, so I don't feel like they need that much protecting.

I do try to choose my own words carefully though.

Pauliina
Nice, I agree with you, I just like to be frank and to the point, I know my "dodgy" humour may not help but I find I can laugh at most things in life even "aikido" Maybe if people laughed more, there would be less bullying? I know where you are coming from as I was bullied a lot in my school youth and was very, very sensitive. I have knocked that out of myself as it is a kind of debilitating fear that no one should have to put up with, but alas it exists everyday, not just in the schools but in the workplace as well, even on here... but it happens to be in a different guise, it's called snobbery and being way to over sensitive.
It can be be overcome, but it has to come from each and every one of us....
Nice of you to answer.....