View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #16
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo
Re: Brown Belt Syndrome

Quote:
John Riggs wrote:
Although I'm not sure some see it that way while training. They simply see they are bored or geez I've done ikky over a hundred times.
You're right, they don't. It takes a certain amount of trust in your Sensei when they say "it's normal, just keep training." Eventually you come to realize for yourself that it is normal then you can step outside of it and look at it for what it is.

I was also thinking about all the different things I've tried and quit over the course of my life. For whatever reason Aikido has been the one thing that I've connected with enough to structure other aspects of my life around. For some people it's gardening, or ball room dance, or quilting, the important thing is to find something that you connect with enough to loose yourself in. Maybe those who permanently quit Aikido just haven't found it yet, maybe they never will.

Bronson

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."