View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 AM   #363
Lee Salzman
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Quote:
Rob Liberti wrote: View Post
I thought the point of this thread was for the people who made it to acceptance, and we were going to argue the various other options in other threads. But, maybe I got it wrong.

Rob
Acceptance is one thing, but we need to be careful about replacing one unquestionable dogma with another, especially when waving the banner of "internal skill", something far less specific a classification than "aiki". We were implored to go out and feel stuff and see what it got us - but no doubt few if anyone will come back with the same experiences or even conclusions, especially on a subject where many are holding cards close to their chest.

I know I sure went out in search of the Arctic and found the Antarctic instead - a different side of training the same body to do some different but interconnected things. I'm still really curious about what's going on up at the opposite pole, but I know there was some cool (pun?) stuff down on the other side too.

But even then I had to broaden my view beyond what the discussion has been on these forums up to now to see that and accept what I found for what it was. So if I found a different side to the same subject area, who is to say the subject area is flat and only has two sides, nevermind one? There's probably a limit to how faceted training of body movement can get, but it's probably closer to a dodecahedron than a flat plane.