View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #57
HL1978
Dojo: Aunkai
United_States
Re: Is aiki a clash of forces?

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
So what would western medical texts refer to the lower dantien? it is actually describing several muscular structures working together, correct? Or is it actually it's own unique "muscular ball"?
I have an "anatomy for martial artists" type book at home, I will take a look and see if I can point it out.

The kua corresponds to the iliopsoas, which makes sense because kua in chinese means hip.

I certainly don't think whatever muscles make up the dantien are something unique created by the martial artists, but usage of them is non-intuitive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on guys, there are plenty of other people working on this material for the past few years, or have attended various seminars. You all should be able to chime in and talk about this subject. Presumably, your bodies have changed to some degree as well and you should be able to comment on it. Additionally, others should have some idea of the theory behind your own IS practices.

Last edited by HL1978 : 11-20-2012 at 07:06 AM.