View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 08:42 PM   #62
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: What style of Aikido is this???

Quote:
Christian Moses wrote: View Post
I think you're glossing over the understanding/learning paradigm in Japanese budo (shu, ha, ri). What you're describing is one way that the "ri" phase can be realized, the breaking down what you already knew and forming something new *from the valid and extensive understanding that you already had*. That's hugely different than someone who hasn't progressed through the stages of development and is experimenting and developing something new basically with no real understanding or valid knowledge.
Hmmmm.I am trying to figure where in my quote you were able to assume I knew nothing of shu ha ri?

Real understanding and valid knowledge can only be gained through practical experiance and again all I am trying to 'explain" that one can actually parse the true from the false here and with out making it another worn out riff on Argumentum Ad Athoritum...

The original vid hinted at the fact the demonstrator knew what a bokken is... How one might use it.. and featured a number of Martial Artists in the background including one who appeared to be observing and perhaps "grading" his efforts...

To put that in the same catagory as Poser Fake Ha Ha Ryu might be a bit of a stretch is all I am saying Chris...

William Hazen