View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 03:11 PM   #97
Ecosamurai

Dojo: Takagashira Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Dan, Mike, and Aikido

Huh?

What part of 'I agree with you on most points' failed to sink in?

Calling someone rude when they are being rude isn't rude in itself. It's honest. I've only really questioned your purpose in being here on an aikido forum. Never your ability. I've also never said I'm particularly great, never said that I can do all the things you guys say you can. I've only said that I understand what you are talking about. Some of which I can do, some I'm sure I can't do.

As to being uplifting and positive, you've not exactly been a beacon of light recently have you? Sarcastic and dismissive aren't exactly uplifitng and positive.

I'm tired of this crap to be honest with you. If you want to 'feel' what I'm talking about I'd suggest a holiday to south-west England in the near future. Like I said before, I'll come and meet you, by you a beer or two after we've trained and hopefully learn something to go along with it. I agree with you Dan in most ways, I also happen to think you're not the only one who can do this stuff and that your presence on an aikido forum smacks of ego driven need to tell everyone else they are doing things wrong and we should be doing it all the way you do it. Perhaps you'd like to post a sarcastic and dismissive response to my valid point about your need to tell the aikido world it is wrong and you are right? Perhaps some of your students and supporters would like to send me PMs indicating that I'm a lowlife and your the greatest martial artist in the world? Does what you teach them make them feel that such behaviour is acceptable? What ever happened to the importance of etiquette in budo? Do you teach that? If not why not?

Mike

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
-Martin Luther King Jr