View Single Post
Old 06-23-2001, 09:12 PM   #5
guest1234
I didn't vote, because I had trouble deciding what was asked and how to answer, but if I had to choose, it would be "no," and this is why: Aikido is important to me, it has taught me to focus better (still a lot of room to go, but I'm now at least wearing my glasses, thanks Jim). It helps me see parallels in how I am on the mat, and how I am off the mat. But my philosophy in life, how and why I live as I do, what I am looking for and hope to accomplish---all of that I had before Aikido. Aikido's approach fits well with my own beliefs, but it is my beliefs I follow.
Do I go to class a lot---until last month seven days a week, now five due to ops tempo, but soon seven again I hope. Have I ever sought my sensei's advice on things not related to Aikido---in my last two dojo's, yes. But because I respected those individuals' opinions, not because they were Aikido senseis. Make any sense? To me, Aikido is something that I do, along with a lot of other things, that hopefully will allow me to grow and develop. It is more of a walking stick than a signpost, to me.

Last edited by guest1234 : 06-23-2001 at 09:16 PM.