Old 06-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #321
Hellis
Dojo: Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido
England
Re: Spiritual and i/p

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Henry:

Hope things are well for you across the pond! If you ever track down Mike Muspratt's training lineage, I will look forward to reading that post..... People like Mr. Alexander have been around for a long, long time.... Honest questions with genuine scrutiny typically flesh them out. To me, people who do not question what they are told hold as much responsibility for perpetuating myths and lies as much as those who create the myths and lies.

Regards,

Marc Abrams
Hi Marc

As you can see, I am still hanging on :-)

I would certainly not place Mike Muspratt in the same category as Mr Alexander and Jack Poole.

I spoke with my old friend Haydn Foster Sensei regarding Mr Muspratt shortly before Haydn passed away.
He had a good laugh at the memory of himself riding a pop pop moped all the way from Uxbridge in the London suburbs to Watford in Hertfordshire to teach at Mike Muspratt's dojo.
I actually remember him doing that. Haydn said that Mr Muspratt had visited the Hut Dojo occasionally, so I would not dispute that, I almost lived at the Hut dojo, I just don't remember him.

I don't doubt that Mr Muspratt attended the occasional courses with Nakazono Sensei and Noro Sensei.

My only dispute is with Graham's claim that Mr Muspratt was `a student of Noro Sensei` - that I would have remembered.

Over the years I have seen claims by so many people who were taught for several years by the dan grades from the Hut Dojo, they claim they were taught by a Japanese teacher who they had been on a seminar with at some point in their career.

I had a guy recently who became very abusive on my Kenshiro Abbe videos, he demanded to know why I had never mentioned his teacher who was a true pioneer of British Aikido.
I explained that the reason I never mentioned the guy was simple - I had never heard of him.
He countered with " My teacher was a special student and friend of Kenshiro Abbe for twenty years.
I suggested he inform his teacher that Abbe Sensei was only in the UK for nine years.
They walk amongst us.

Henry Ellis
Co-author `Positive Aikido`
http://aikido-bracknell.blogspot.com/