View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #59
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: What is "IP" discussion of Internal power.

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
"feeling" like something, doesn't make it an objective reality. Getting hit in the face is an objective reality. If I know it or not, I got hit in the face, which did something. I feel like martial arts are something that are objective first and subjective second. So "has to be felt" sounds totally silly to me, with the exception of that caveat I mentioned.
Well, then say that "it has to be experienced." That's what people are really talking about. You can't get it from watching videos (not much of it).

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
Now sometimes I do get fired up, and sick of hearing things that I don't think are true (like I've been feeling the last few weeks), and I think I should go to a seminar, but mostly my intentions are not good ones, I'm not curious, I'm annoyed.
Nothing wrong with that. What did Tenryu feel when he decided to grab Ueshiba's arm? He was annoyed that the old man was up there making a mockery of Japanese budo. If that's what it takes to get you out of your self-constructed reality, no problem. Go and show those guys. And then you'll know. Those guys are professionals. They can take all you can give them and not get ruffled about it.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com