View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #65
oisin bourke

Dojo: Muden Juku, Ireland
Ireland
Re: Why so many Haters of Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Thought I would point out that I was answering a question about effectiveness. To which, I got a response calling me essentially; ignorant, lack of a brain, juvenile, and lacking tact and respect for other people.
I don't mind, but while I was on point, you and your tone, pretty much defeats your own position.
I would also point out that contrary to many detractors; I publicly and privately support the founding of the ki aikido movement and the very real skills of Tohei, if not the mess we have made out of it and most other Asian arts. The lack of real skill in Ki and aiki in so many modern adepts is the cause and reason for the questions in thread in the first place, is it not? If on the other hand you want me to applaud all efforts as equal and give everyone an "A," than yes, you are talking to the wrong guy.
Hopefully that will change
Dan
You made blanket statements about budo and pretty much every anyone teaching or practising one. People from Donn Draeger, Pascal Krieger and the de Prosperos have spent a lot of time and effort explaining the deeper apects of the art to westerners. Are they all just part of the "Budo wallpaper" too ? Posts on a public forum don't have to applaud everyone. They don't have to include blanket dismissals or denigrations either.