View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #148
Tom H.
United_States
Re: "Aiki" in Russian Video Clips

Quote:
Erick Mead wrote: View Post
Don't accept it because I have said it
I, for one, won't accept it just because you've said it. I'm not accepting it because I don't understand your references to dynamics, non-linear systems, linguistics, and other topics. :-)

If someone came to me and said, "I know this guy who wants to learn this stuff. He is a really sharp brain with an analytical bent very good at decomposing objects into systems in order to understand their behavior. He has no physical background like martial arts, dancing, or manual labor, but he's read a lot of books. What do you recommend?" I'd get my hands on him and start showing him what how to use his body using common terms, metaphors, and simple visualizations to trigger certain behaviors. If he started talking theory and dynamics, I'd either let him run his mouth while *I* was training, or I'd politely tell him to shut up.

Not that I ever knew anyone like that, who has seen himself and others, using the hands-on approach, put together more power and connection in their bodies in two years than he almost thought possible :-)

Tom

This guy in question almost doesn't believe it, because he knows how little he actually has, but these other people keep saying there is something to it.

Last edited by Tom H. : 08-18-2008 at 08:38 PM.