View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Ki Eureka

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
How does it work? Show me. Epiphanies are not results.
Well, seeing it now as a semi-physical part of myself, I intend to spend a lot of time trying to observe it in action in myself and in others and then start trying subtle interactions with other people.

In other words, I don't know how it works, but now that I know where it lives, I think I'm going to learn a lot more about it.

These things I've written above are very close to the old kinds of ideas I was busy with 35 years ago, but the fundamental difference is looking at it as a permanent part of self, like the fingernails are part of the fingers, but they're neither bone nor skin....

It just feels like a real start to understanding, but I'm looking at myself this time, instead of an imaginary gas or "power" that I have to "get" from outside. ((I know we take in some from outside, but the primary part of it for humans, I now believe, is a permanent part of each person)).

Quote:
Don't do it. Learn to think. Gather data. Work on it yourself because it really is a "Tao" (Do).
I appreciate that, but, frankly, I never would have left the technique paradigm without the ideas I've understood in conversations (and arguments) here, and without the direct contact with people who can use these elements in such powerful synergy. I'll work on it alone and with others, but I still need to meet some important folks such as yourself and Forrest Chang.

Quote:
If you can't figure a lot of it out yourself, no one can show you enough.
Agreed, but I wouldn't have pulled up the corner of this conundrum without a lot of clues from others with experience.

Quote:
On the other hand, if you aren't selective about information and don't get enough information, you can only figure out bits and pieces. It's a journey, not a group of seminars.
Thanks.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com